Hello

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 6700 (non-K)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1

MoBo: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

Ram: 16GB, Corsair 2400 MHz

Storage: Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

PSU: Corsair CX750

is this system capable for overclocking?

and What do i need to overclock my GPU? is VGA - XTREME ENGINE and heaven benchmark enough?

thanks in advance and sorry for my English 

You cannot overclock the i7-6700 because it is not K series. However, you can overclock the GPU. Use MSI afterburner. Your PSU should be able to overclock fine, you might run into a BSOD related to power though as I have run into this issue with a CX PSU when overclocking before (won't damage anything, will just cause a reboot)

You can use something like 3Dmark or the valley benchmark to see your overclocks improvements. After watching the video, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I have personally overclocked a 1070 before.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

13 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

You cannot overclock the i7-6700 because it is not K series. However, you can overclock the GPU. Use MSI afterburner. Your PSU should be able to overclock fine, you might run into a BSOD related to power though as I have run into this issue with a CX PSU when overclocking before (won't damage anything, will just cause a reboot)

You can use something like 3Dmark or the valley benchmark to see your overclocks improvements. After watching the video, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I have personally overclocked a 1070 before.

Jay actually released a newer version yesterday

Its one specifically for Pascal, enjoy!

27 minutes ago, G-1400 said:

is this system capable for overclocking?

and What do i need to overclock my GPU? is VGA - XTREME ENGINE and heaven benchmark enough?

So long as you have a decent power supply (and you do), then you can OC your GPU. The rest of the system is irrelevant for that.

As for OCing software, seems like PrecisionX is the best one. I've heard that Afterburner is just not quite there when it comes to Pascal cards. For stress testing, Heaven, Folding@Home and some games should do the trick.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

thank you all

I've watch both videos an already started testing .. I may give you the results today

but I just want to be sure about something.. how much time do I need to run the GPU stress test (heaven, valley...etc) to say that I have a "stable clock"?

59 minutes ago, G-1400 said:

thank you all

I've watch both videos an already started testing .. I may give you the results today

but I just want to be sure about something.. how much time do I need to run the GPU stress test (heaven, valley...etc) to say that I have a "stable clock"?

i let it loop for 30 min in Heaven when i think i have my max OC ... after that run multiple benchmarks / games because not every OC is stable in every program / game ... when your OC works in all different programs / games you know you have a stable OC

3 hours ago, ArumanBE said:

i let it loop for 30 min in Heaven when i think i have my max OC ... after that run multiple benchmarks / games because not every OC is stable in every program / game ... when your OC works in all different programs / games you know you have a stable OC

I think i found a stable clock around 2100 MHz

(+135 core, +850 memory, +75% voltage)

after 1 hr of heaven:

clock: max 2100.5 MHz av 2088 MHz

GPU temp :63-64 C @ 45% fan speed (AC off)

58-59 C @ 33% fan speed (AC on)

tried playing these games max sittings  (10 min each)

the Witcher 3 1080p: 60-119 FPS (av 79)

Dark Souls 3 1440p: Stable 60 FPS

ME shadow of mordor 4K : stable 60 FPS

Batman Arkham Knight 1080p: stable 90 with some weird lag on start then every thing is OK

and for my benchmark results I've used heaven an valley

before:

http://imgur.com/i2YELeJ

http://imgur.com/bZICaHK

after:

http://imgur.com/77HbErG

http://imgur.com/MjKq6JK

is everything is OK?

do you think that I need push it more? since I still have temp and voltage room or accept the results i have so far?

Sorry for my English

28 minutes ago, G-1400 said:

do you think that I need push it more?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 hours ago, G-1400 said:

I think i found a stable clock around 2100 MHz

(+135 core, +850 memory, +75% voltage)

after 1 hr of heaven:

clock: max 2100.5 MHz av 2088 MHz

GPU temp :63-64 C @ 45% fan speed (AC off)

58-59 C @ 33% fan speed (AC on)

tried playing these games max sittings  (10 min each)

the Witcher 3 1080p: 60-119 FPS (av 79)

Dark Souls 3 1440p: Stable 60 FPS

ME shadow of mordor 4K : stable 60 FPS

Batman Arkham Knight 1080p: stable 90 with some weird lag on start then every thing is OK

and for my benchmark results I've used heaven an valley

before:

http://imgur.com/i2YELeJ

http://imgur.com/bZICaHK

after:

http://imgur.com/77HbErG

http://imgur.com/MjKq6JK

is everything is OK?

do you think that I need push it more? since I still have temp and voltage room or accept the results i have so far?

Sorry for my English

looks like a very nice OC you got there ... tbh i Always go until i can get no further but thats up to you if you wanna explore the limits of your card ... none the less it is a very nice overclock ...

Also a tip, with afterburner you can set multiple profiles. I usually have three, One is completely stock speeds, one is my max overclock for best benchmarking score, and another is a turned down overclock for gaming thats far more stable to ensure I don't crash while in a game.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

14 hours ago, Imakuni said:

xD

I think i've already reach it

all what i could do is increasing memory clock 25 MHz more which did nothing

any more in core or mem will cause crashes and restart of the card

8 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

Also a tip, with afterburner you can set multiple profiles. I usually have three, One is completely stock speeds, one is my max overclock for best benchmarking score, and another is a turned down overclock for gaming thats far more stable to ensure I don't crash while in a game.

I'll do this just in case my maximums OC gone wrong in some way

but for now I'll keep it on the max