Possible colour banding issue

Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,
6 hours ago, Jaska95 said:

~snip~

Hey there Jaska95 :)

Do try to reinstall your drivers, especially the ones on the GPU and possibly check for a BIOS update and see if this reoccurs again. 

I don't think I'm seeing anything abnormal here so I'll leave this to the other guys on the forum to give their two cents on this. 

Contacting the manufacturer of the GPU may give you some results.

Try running the system on the integrated GPU on the CPU and see if the results are the same. 

Captain_WD. 

Hey all,

Recently (A month or so), I've been noticing colour banding everywhere I look. Games, youtube, netflix, you name it. The problem is, I'm not sure if this is an actual issue, or me just being paranoid idiot. It could be that this banding has always existed but I only just now notice it. I will provided some example screenshots and links of banding I have been seeing.

Couple of youtube examples, I have linked them to correct time stamps (I know its not the most reliable thing to use as an example due to compression and what not, but it *really* sticks to my eye)

The night sky at the end of the trailer, very noticeable banding

During the accolades, some banding

Screenshots

Netflix, very noticeable banding in the sky

Witcher 3, in the sky, decently noticeable especially in game.

MGS V, around the lights, decently noticeable.

If this all sounds like ramblings of paranoid madman, it very well could be. I have "found" problems before when there was none. So if someone could confirm that everything works as intended that would be great. 

Specs:

Asus Z87-K

EVGA GeForce GTX

970 Intel i5-4670K 3.40GHz

Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 850 EVO 240Gb SSD

Windows 10 64bit

Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD

Seasonic S12 II 520W BRONZE

Monitor1: Eizo Foris Fs2333

Monitor2: Fujitsu SL23T-1

The "problem" exists on both monitors

6 hours ago, Jaska95 said:

~snip~

Hey there Jaska95 :)

Do try to reinstall your drivers, especially the ones on the GPU and possibly check for a BIOS update and see if this reoccurs again. 

I don't think I'm seeing anything abnormal here so I'll leave this to the other guys on the forum to give their two cents on this. 

Contacting the manufacturer of the GPU may give you some results.

Try running the system on the integrated GPU on the CPU and see if the results are the same. 

Captain_WD. 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/