Crashing a Lot ;-; (NVidia driver issue)

KagoKajino

Ok, so I love the game trove, me and my friends play it together all the time. This popped up yesterday, I thought it was an overclocking issue. Now I know it is something different. Today I start playing. I crashed first thing. It said "Error: Device Removed". I can not get rid of this error now and it is making everything so much harder! I am using driver version 372.54.

DDU and install 361.75

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

6 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

DDU and install 361.75

Don, please stop. You don't know, so don't send people to a driver that won't do them any good.

please. 

OP, use DDU and a fresh install of the driver. If you're downloading it from Nvidia make sure it's the 64bit version if that's the OS you use.

If using the GeForce Experience then make sure to do a custom install NOT the quick install. Only choose the driver, and Physix or the audio driver if you don't have them. DO NOT install the 3D garbage 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Don, please stop. You don't know, so don't send people to a driver that won't do them any good.

please. 

OP, use DDU and a fresh install of the driver. If you're downloading it from Nvidia make sure it's the 64bit version if that's the OS you use.

If using the GeForce Experience then make sure to do a custom install NOT the quick install. Only choose the driver, and Physix or the audio driver if you don't have them. DO NOT install the 3D garbage 

I may just need to reinstall the driver, since I did do the express thing.

Just now, PcGamingNooblet said:

I may just need to reinstall the driver, since I did do the express thing.

That causes a lot of issues. The reason is it will try to install software you already have, if you choose custom it shows you the software you have, and what's looking to be installed. If they match, don't choose it. Most of the time the only thing that needs to be updated is the driver. 

1 hour ago, App4that said:

That causes a lot of issues. The reason is it will try to install software you already have, if you choose custom it shows you the software you have, and what's looking to be installed. If they match, don't choose it. Most of the time the only thing that needs to be updated is the driver. 

Ok, thanks!

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

It's stable. I'm running it and we had a topic on this last night and proved its stability. It's the best driver I've seen in months. The problem comes down to installation causing issues. Once installed properly it's fine.

Just now, App4that said:

It's stable. I'm running it and we had a topic on this last night and proves its stability. It's the best driver I've seen in months. The problem comes down to installation causing issues. Once installed properly it's fine.

No, last night we haven not conversed. The night before you were being a stubborn mule thus I deemed you not worthy of further discourse. Please refrain from any subsequent contact. Any and all messages directed towards me or mentioning me will be reported as harassment.

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

No, last night we haven not conversed. The night before you were being a stubborn mule thus I deemed you not worthy of further discourse. Please refrain from any subsequent contact. Any and all messages directed towards me or mentioning me will be reported as harassment.

Right. I wasn't talking about you. I'll edit with the topic in question.

This topic. 

5 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

New driver is fine.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

New driver is fine.

That is not regarding drivers. It is about his hypocrisy and my desire to limit contact with him. Please, do not get involved. Thank you.

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

That is not regarding drivers. It is about his hypocrisy and my desire to limit contact with him. Please, do not get involved. Thank you.

Then I shouldn't have quoted that post, my mistake. Pretend I quoted your first post on here.

Can we all please solve my issue? I tried lowering my overclocks and game settings, the game isn't crashing but before everything worked flawlessly. I also reinstalled my driver.

2 minutes ago, PcGamingNooblet said:

Can we all please solve my issue? I tried lowering my overclocks and game settings, the game isn't crashing but before everything worked flawlessly. I also reinstalled my driver.

ignore the drama. sorry about that.

Are you using Windows 10? Are you on the Anniversary update? And can we have a full listing of specs and speeds please. We'll get this sorted. 

Just now, App4that said:

ignore the drama. sorry about that.

Are you using Windows 10? Are you on the Anniversary update? And can we have a full listing of specs and speeds please. We'll get this sorted. 

Windows 10 non A.U.

i5-4460

EVGA gtx 950 ACX 2.0 (my native is 1360x768p, which normally allows highest or close settings)

gigabyte  b85m ds3h-a

4x8GB 1600MHz A-Data ram

1TB hybrid seagate drive

random Optical Drive

NZXT source 210 elite

stock cooler

GPU overclocks: normally 300 core, 400 memory, now 200 core, 300 memory or default, depending on situation.

OK, quick disclaimer that Windows 10 Anniversary may cause as many problems as it fixes. For me that mean having to switch antivirus. but it comes with Defender for free and that works fine. 

But, no one I know on the anniversary update has any issues. If you decide to try it, I'd make a backup before doing so. 

Just now, App4that said:

OK, quick disclaimer that Windows 10 Anniversary may cause as many problems as it fixes. For me that mean having to switch antivirus. but it comes with Defender for free and that works fine. 

But, no one I know on the anniversary update has any issues. If you decide to try it, I'd make a backup before doing so. 

Thanks, and I most likely will never go to the Anniversary, lots of things about it that I have no care for.

Just now, PcGamingNooblet said:

Thanks, and I most likely will never go to the Anniversary, lots of things about it that I have no care for.

Took me a solid week to get it working right. I don't blame you. 

5 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

Same can be said of some Crimson drivers...

1 hour ago, App4that said:

Bar a slight performance drop I've confirmed in my discussion with Futuremark.

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

5 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

New driver is fine.

5 hours ago, App4that said:

It's stable. I'm running it and we had a topic on this last night and proved its stability. It's the best driver I've seen in months. The problem comes down to installation causing issues. Once installed properly it's fine.

i concur, new driver is rock stable.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

9 hours ago, App4that said:

It hasn't lead me wrong... Except a few driver updates ago but for as long as it went on I'm pretty sure it was the driver itself and not the install... Or Windows since I did a fresh install as well ha

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

30 minutes ago, RyGuy99 said:

It hasn't lead me wrong... Except a few driver updates ago but for as long as it went on I'm pretty sure it was the driver itself and not the install... Or Windows since I did a fresh install as well ha

90% of the time when I think I have a driver issue it's the installation of the driver or Windows. Not saying there haven't been some shit drivers, just that a lot of the time you can trace the issue back to its cause and fix it. 

2 hours ago, App4that said:

90% of the time when I think I have a driver issue it's the installation of the driver or Windows. Not saying there haven't been some shit drivers, just that a lot of the time you can trace the issue back to its cause and fix it. 

What makes you say that? I find it hard pressed to believe that when I remember a ton of people on a 970 thread complaining about some bad drivers for quite some time. That many people had installation problems?

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

8 hours ago, RyGuy99 said:

What makes you say that? I find it hard pressed to believe that when I remember a ton of people on a 970 thread complaining about some bad drivers for quite some time. That many people had installation problems?

Yes. If you have a Windows issue you do a clean install, right? But because it's trendy, if you have a problem anywhere close to your graphics card. Give up immediately and blame Nvidia.

Go ahead. Do it. Lose performance over the right to be a victim. I'll be the guy enjoying his games. ;)