Spilt mountain dew on a Razer Blackwido

Reversi

I spilt some mountain dew on my blackwidow keyboard. Now the "y" " " "/" "h" k" are all rather mushy feeling. After i did spill some mountain dew I did turn it upside down and vaccum it, wipe it off with wet paper towels and dry paper towels - with the keycaps removed.

Would putting my keyboard in some rice help? Since supposedly it helps phones that have been drowned by water.

Well mtn dew is sugary, it's expected to make it more stickier. 

Try taking out the key caps off of the keyboard and washing them in hot water with some soap. That's what I did with my old keyboard and it worked 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

ya dun goofed

Anyways, wiping the keyboard wont do anything, since you have to thin out the substance spilled on the keyboard to be more like water. What I'm saying is, the sugar will stay on the keyboard and get sticky if you don't remove it. Take the keycaps off the keyboard, get some warm water and dish soap and clean off the keyboard (try not spilling any water inside the keyboard, especially not with soap). After that you wipe it off and let it dry off completely by itself.

If problems persist, mtn dew got into the key stem probably. If you want to clean that, you will have to relubricate the keyswitch afterwards.

Take a look at this video:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

Try taking out the key caps off of the keyboard and washing them in hot water with some soap. That's what I did with my old keyboard and it worked 

And if this doesn't work, wiping it with a cloth with isopropyl alcohol would probably clean it off. I don't know of anything that can't be cleaned by isopropyl alcohol that you'd find in or near a computer :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

And if this doesn't work, wiping it with a cloth with isopropyl alcohol would probably clean it off. I don't know of anything that can't be cleaned by isopropyl alcohol that you'd find in or near a computer :P

Soy sauce xD 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Putting your keyboard in rice would not help. You have sticky Mountain Dew in the keyswitches. If the suggested alcohol doesn't work, you might need to try to replace the affected switches, or purchase a new keyboard.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Soy sauce xD 

Spilt tea on keyboard (two teaspoons of sugar c:), isopropyl alcohol cleaned that. 

Spilt sauce from sweet and sour pork on it, isopropyl alcohol cleaned that.

I swear it cleans everything xD

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Spilt tea on keyboard (two teaspoons of sugar c:), isopropyl alcohol cleaned that. 

Spilt sauce from sweet and sour pork on it, isopropyl alcohol cleaned that.

I swear it cleans everything xD

xD I've never used it before. Always had done soap and water 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

23 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Its the keys not the keycaps. I have wiped the inside of my keyboard and had all my keycaps washed and rinsed in water. Like the click you get from a mechanical keyboard isnt there anymore and its just mushy.

23 minutes ago, Minibois said:

ya dun goofed

Anyways, wiping the keyboard wont do anything, since you have to thin out the substance spilled on the keyboard to be more like water. What I'm saying is, the sugar will stay on the keyboard and get sticky if you don't remove it. Take the keycaps off the keyboard, get some warm water and dish soap and clean off the keyboard (try not spilling any water inside the keyboard, especially not with soap). After that you wipe it off and let it dry off completely by itself.

If problems persist, mtn dew got into the key stem probably. If you want to clean that, you will have to relubricate the keyswitch afterwards.

Take a look at this video:

Yea its definitely the stems