Samsung 950 PRO vs Intel 750 PCI-e

Matias_Chambers

Is budget a concern here? My first instinct says Intel, but what's the rest of the system look like?

1 minute ago, AirlessTHEGOOSE said:

Is budget a concern here? My first instinct says Intel, but what's the rest of the system look like?

I'm not buying any of them at the moment I was just wondering :)

intel's 750 has the potential to be faster than the 950. But depending on your configuration, you might be slower than the 950. On average, the 750 is faster in both reads and writes by about 200 MB/s. However, we're at speeds of 2+GB/s reads and around 1+-GB/s writes, so the difference is hardly noticeable here.

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

Ah, gotcha. I mean, I'm not an SSD expert per se, but I think you're splitting hairs honestly. Both are high end SSDs that will give beastly performance

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=636|20-249-078^20-249-078%2C20-147-467^20-147-467%2C20-167-359^20-167-359

trying to compare apples to apples. the intel has much higher IOPS and a slightly lower write speed, but matches the samsung on reads.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I personally have the 950 pro 256 GB version, and I can say that I never need more than 100MB/s writes. The reads are what you're interested in for consumer use so any choice is good. For content creation I'd look into writes. But the 950 512 GB version is faster in writes against the 750, while the 256 GB version is significantly slower on writes.

Blue screens eh? Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

With the Plextor M8PEG released today, Samsung is going to have to drop their price on the 950Pro to make it more appealing... b'cuz you get a nearly identical product, with a higher MTBF and IOPS writes for nearly $50 less Apples to Apples.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic