How to avoid zapping ?

Hello, im planning to build a new pc, but i'm very worried that i would get zapped and the whole thing would burn to ashes. So i was wondering, i know i can build it on a box, but can i build it on a rubberized side of my mousemat? since it has bigger area and it would be easier to work with

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

What do you mean "zapped"? Are you talking about actual electrocution or static electricity?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

What do you mean "zapped"? Are you talking about actual electrocution or static electricity?

About static electricity

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

Just now, Yttrizy said:

About static electricity

You can invest in a anti-static wrist strap and connect it to something like the ground part of your socket, metal object, power supply(with it plugged in and off), or the computer's chassis. If you don't actually detect any kind of shocking, you can probably just touch your power supply every now and again(still with it plugged in and off) or the PC's chassis. I would also advise against building the computer on any kind of rubber surface as rubber is an insulator and will cause static electricity to build up with any kind of movement on the surface.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch