Is it worth getting the 212 EVO?

Mooshi

Simple and to the point. I have a 2500k and a Noctua NH-U9B SE2 for my cpu cooler. (old case was a Lian Li PC-V354A hense the small heatsink) It's cooler out so the temps are much better, but I've hit 80c+ during a stress test. The little Noctua cooler does it's job, but I wonder if it'd be worth getting the CM 212 EVO.

The case I have my eyes on is the Silverstone Sugo10 as a possible new case and judging by a newegg review, someone with a 212+ claimed it fit in there just fine. I assume the 212+ and EVO are the same dimensions. the SG10 also has 92mm fan mounts so I could easly reuse the little Noctua fans for side intake. :P

Silverstone_01S.jpgcooler-master_hyper-212-evo_install-2.jp

212 is a good cooler but the stock fans are loud. Also if you have high profile memory you will have clearance issues in a push pull configuration.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

212 is a good cooler but the stock fans are loud. Also if you have high profile memory you will have clearance issues in a push pull configuration.

This.

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

yeah it will fit in your case but it would be a tight fit ! as i have elite 310 its size is 167 mm  and it tight fits in my case  ur case size is 165mm

there barely is 1mm space left ,,,

its a good cooler too it reaches 61 C max with prime 95 but it goes 70 C sometimes while gaming but its a great cooler as room temperature around here is 33C

reviews say it is as good as an h60

as saladin said it sure is loud if u will run the fan @ full speed and it takes one of ur ram slot

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

I got a 212 on my 2500k last week (albeit I was moving up from the stock cooler)

My cpu finally stretched its legs and hit the full 3.3GHz and the temp as only about 57celsius.

In the coming week I'm going to OC it, I just havent got around to it and I'm relatively new at OCing.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

Thanks for the feedback, guys. My rom slot closest to my CPU is a bit dodgy so I use the second pair of slots furthest away -- no ram clearance issues here. Might swap the fan with a couple Enermax Magma fans I have laying around in push-pull if I do end up getting this case/hsf combo. I know there are better coolers, but the EVO with it's price to performance + $10 worth of Amazon credit to use up..it'd make for a cheap heatsink! :P

Thanks for the feedback, guys. My rom slot closest to my CPU is a bit dodgy so I use the second pair of slots furthest away -- no ram clearance issues here. Might swap the fan with a couple Enermax Magma fans I have laying around in push-pull if I do end up getting this case/hsf combo. I know there are better coolers, but the EVO with it's price to performance + $10 worth of Amazon credit to use up..it'd make for a cheap heatsink! :P

I vote the 212 EVO as well. However I'm running a 212+, the stock fans are extremely quiet and they are running at the lowest RPM with an ambient of 23C. They never have to go higher. The Noctua uses 92mm fans whereas the 212 uses 120s.