Windows 10 failing to boot

BlueWiszard

As the title suggests, windows 10 isn't booting properly. My computer will POST, and will give a display. After that, it locks up and freezes entirely. I've had to reset my machine 2 times now, and I'm beginning to think it's the ASUS utilities drivers disc that came with the motherboard. I was on my PC no problems last night, and today I can't log in so I'm resetting again.

I read that it was possibly my network adapter, so I tried removing that - no luck. Then I checked fast boot and disabled that - no luck. I built this PC 2 weeks ago and I have had no luck whatsoever with it.

Does anyone out there have an idea as to what's going on?

1) do a clean install instead of a reset

2) do not install any drivers unless something is not working. Windows should install everything you need. If you find something like sound or internet isn't working, then go to the motherboard website page and download the specific driver you need there.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

1) do a clean install instead of a reset

2) do not install any drivers unless something is not working. Windows should install everything you need. If you find something like sound or internet isn't working, then go to the motherboard website page and download the specific driver you need there.

What about the utilities like AI Suite which allows for fan controls and other monitoring tools?

1 minute ago, IIIdefconIII said:

reset the bios first please then report back, maybe faulty hdd?

I have Win 10 on an SSD and I ran chkdsk and it reported back absolutely no errors and that the drive is good.

BIOS is still stock and hasn't been updated.

aisuite is crap and uppers youre voltage way to high! i really miss the option to install only fanxpert, but its a bundle, so no go for aisuite.

2 minutes ago, BlueWiszard said:

What about the utilities like AI Suite which allows for fan controls and other monitoring tools?

You don't need those for the motherboard to work, but if you want them then go to the motherboard website and download the latest version.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

try the shift thing i posted before and try to recover to earlier state, or do a clean install, dont install any drivers. like BlueWiszard said, only install neccesairly drivers from asus website, never use dvd, always to old drivers with problems. website is up to date.

Just now, Enderman said:

You don't need those for the motherboard to work, but if you want them then go to the motherboard website and download the latest version.

Ok. I'll give your advice a shot. PC is still in the process of a reset, which will wipe the drivers I installed anyway.

1 minute ago, IIIdefconIII said:

try the shift thing i posted before and try to recover to earlier state, or do a clean install, dont install any drivers. like BlueWiszard said, only install neccesairly drivers from asus website, never use dvd, always to old drivers with problems. website is up to date.

I think you mean Enderman. BlueWiszard is the Wiszard with the problem. (Soft chuckle and crying)

I've gone through and done that before. My reset just finished and I'm not installing that disc again.

Thank you both for the advice