Really bad fps drops

zconflictz7

I have been getting really bad fps drops in a ton of games lately. The drops happen in the main menus and while playing. I can get a drop to 5fps in rainbow 6 loading screen and main menus. here is a spec list 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6nyYTH 

I will also get lag when using windows and not playing any games. 

there is also two benchmarks i have done.

I use win 10 upgraded from win 7 64bit

benchmarkk.PNG

benchmark.PNG

Fps drops in loading screens? I would actually give 0 shit abou that. The main thing is to not get drops in game.

2 minutes ago, zconflictz7 said:

I have been getting really bad fps drops in a ton of games lately. The drops happen in the main menus and while playing. I can get a drop to 5fps in rainbow 6 loading screen and main menus. here is a spec list 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6nyYTH 

I will also get lag when using windows and not playing any games. 

there is also two benchmarks i have done.

I use win 10 upgraded from win 7 64bit

benchmarkk.PNG

benchmark.PNG

What are you temps when you're in game? Maybe your pump in the corsair water cooler is going out causing thermal throttling?

Have you done anything to the system before it started doing this? Are you using the latest drivers?

In the Rainbow Six example is the game data stored on the HDD or the SSD? If it's only at the loading screen then it might be the HDD bottlenecking the system while it seeks the data it needs.

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

Fps drops in loading screens? I would actually give 0 shit abou that. The main thing is to not get drops in game.

Oh i get them in games aswell. will go from 80 to 5 to 60 to 20 to 30 its not stable at all

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

What are you temps when you're in game? Maybe your pump in the corsair water cooler is going out causing thermal throttling?

Have you done anything to the system before it started doing this? Are you using the latest drivers?

In the Rainbow Six example is the game data stored on the HDD or the SSD? If it's only at the loading screen then it might be the HDD bottlenecking the system while it seeks the data it needs.

My cpu gets to about 55c at most and graphics card gets to about 75-80 then fans turn on and it sits at 75c.

I have the latest drivers. i did a clean uninstall and install. I did a overclock genie but then undid it as my mobo dont like oc but i did this when the problem started to see if it would fix.

rainbow six is on a ssd samsung evo

my computer just said that 93% of my ram was being used when nothing was running causing everything to be really slow.