My new Dell U2717D has backlight bleed I think, I'm not sure... Help me

RRGT19

Hi,

I have received my new monitor today, Dell U2717D for $515, imp included.

I had added a dark background to see if the monitor has backlight bleed, but it looks good, then screen in front of my is completely dark, but with the camera of my iPhone it looks white in a lot of different positions.

I'm not sure if it is defective or not. Should I return it?.

I changed the brightness from 75% to 100% and then I sawna completely black screen, minus the right side. But with my camera it looks white by a lot.

what do you think guys?. Is that normal?...

Look photos attached...

(The Dell Gaming G Sync monitor was at $580 but I hate TN panels, I love the colors of an IPS panel, is better for my taste.)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, RGT said:

Advice?

Backlight bleed is something you cant really do anything about. Its one of the cons that comes with IPS and is very normal. Personally I have learned to ignore since I love the monitor and dont really care what the screen looks like when its pitch black during the short time it takes some programs to open. Compared to mine your looks much better. You could always invest in OLED (turns pixels off instead of displaying black) but right now, not worth the money.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

Looks more than good enough. No point in returning it.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II