Does Windows 8.1 with Bing Matter

Number

Hi there, I am trying to reinstall windows on this laptop I just got but the os is Windows 8.1 with Bing. Does it matter if its with bing? Will the activation process and everything like that still work with the regular 8.1 iso?

Numbre

http://www.howtogeek.com/195934/what-exactly-is-windows-8.1-with-bing-do-i-have-to-use-bing/

quoting from said article linked above:

So There’s No Difference, Really?

Nope, there’s no difference. That Windows 8.1 with Bing laptop just comes with Bing as the default search engine, just as most Windows 8.1 laptops already do.

Microsoft realizes that they’re facing a hard struggle at the low-end with Chromebooks and cheap Android tablets. For Microsoft, a user who chooses a Windows 8.1 laptop or tablet is better than one who chooses a Chromebook or Android tablet, even if they don’t make a Windows licensing fee. Microsoft will make some profit from Bing search ads, and they’ll also have the opportunity to upsell their users with Windows Store apps, OneDrive storage, Office 365 subscriptions, and Xbox Music streaming.

So, do you need to care about Windows 8.1 with Bing? Not at all. It’s a bit confusing that such devices are even labeled as “Windows 8.1 with Bing” instead of just “Windows 8.1.” There’s no difference to the end user aside from the label “Windows 8.1 with Bing” appearing instead of “Windows 8.1” throughout the operating system.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.