Raid0 2 WD Caviar Black Hard Drives

Above7heInfluence

So I didn't want to start a new thread and figured I'd just edit this one. I have the Samsung Evo 250GB SSD for OS, Games, and Applications and such. I now use my 2 WD Caviar Black drives for photoshop files, video editing, and recording footage. I read that Caviar Blacks don't have something called TLER and you need that for Raid...My question is, is can I still Raid 0 my 2 drives or no? Thanks! 

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse

Get an ssd first.

Okay, thanks! I figured that was a better way to go with it. :) Should I get a 128gb or 256gb?

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse

Depends on your usage. Typically 128gb with a large storage drive is fine for most people, but if you insist on installing a lot of games onto your SSD then 256. Typically 128gb is more than enough for OS, all programs, and a few games or two.

Error: 410

Depends on your usage. Typically 128gb with a large storage drive is fine for most people, but if you insist on installing a lot of games onto your SSD then 256. Typically 128gb is more than enough for OS, all programs, and a few games or two.

Okay, thanks! I figured that was a better way to go with it. :) Should I get a 128gb or 256gb?

I would get a 256GB. 128GB isn't a whole lot and some games need to be installed on your OS drive to function: mostly ubisoft games. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

• 2 months later...

I would get a 256GB. 128GB isn't a whole lot and some games need to be installed on your OS drive to function: mostly ubisoft games. 

Okay I didn't want to start a new thread. but yeah I got the 250Gb Samsung Evo but I read that Caviar Black drives aren't good for Raid cause they don't have TLER or something like that but can I still Raid them? 

I have 3 2TB Seagate baracuda drives in RAID0 and a 120GB Samsung 840 pro SSD as cache.

Okay. I actually read that you can Raid Caviar Black's in Raid 0 and 1. I am going to use my Samsung 840 Evo for OS, Apps, and Games. and I have a ramdisk for temporary files and browser cache. Thanks for your input!