PS3 ITX PC?

iamdarkyoshi

So I have a dead PS3. (40GB model thing)

Well, kinda dead. It powers on without any errors but no video from either port. I was originally going to make an ITX laptop, but should I make an ITX PC in the case of the PS3?

Leave your thoughts below.

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

ITX laptop

Wait, what? Is that like a pocket sized laptop?

Anyways, get yourself a PC. So much better. If you want to, I can say a few parts and you can make it a PCPartPicker list. Just specify ur budget.

I like this idea, however you are very limited on space vertically with the ps3, it's not like the bulky xbox 360

2 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

snip

This is a for fun project, he does DIY stuff for fun, he already has a main pc

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Do a build log!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

I like this idea, however you are very limited on space vertically with the ps3, it's not like the bulky xbox 360

This is a for fun project, he does DIY stuff for fun

?

1 minute ago, RektSkrubs said:

?

OOOOOOOH, okay. I thought he meant that he should build a pc for the first time. I didnt know he was doing a case mod.

16 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So I have a dead PS3. (40GB model thing)

Well, kinda dead. It powers on without any errors but no video from either port. I was originally going to make an ITX laptop, but should I make an ITX PC in the case of the PS3?

Leave your thoughts below.

probably not impossible. Though I think the main issue is finding a board that has a pre-installed PSU, like Alienware Alphas and such. 

Of course an APU build or you can go with the eGPU setup, that requires either an expresscard adapter or a mini pcie like those in laptops. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

59 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

Wait, what? Is that like a pocket sized laptop?

Anyways, get yourself a PC. So much better. If you want to, I can say a few parts and you can make it a PCPartPicker list. Just specify ur budget.

PSU is no problem. I already have a tiny PSU that handles the 100w system with a very wide input voltage (I would use a laptop PSU, a big one) and then the internal PSU does the rest.