Cloud II and similar: price/performance

Tyrius

Hello kind people of the internets.

Quickly about where I'm coming from: I'm noone who is used to good/high quality audio equipment, I'm coming from the "best" 20€ headset I could find at the time.

I'm looking to get a decent upgrade in the range to about 100€ and of course I ended up looking at the cloud II and the logitech g430.

Now to my question: I'm favouring the cloud 2 right now, mainly because of the much praised comfort (I'm wearing glasses).

Are they good for the price? Or are there comparably priced solutions with better performance? (same price better headset, or lightly lower priced headphones with better sound)

As I mentioned, I'll probably be happy with the sound of any decent device, compared to what I'm coming from, I just want to make sure I'm not needlessly spending my money on a product that has inferior back-for-buck compared to something else :)

EDIT: These will be used mainly for gaming, but also for listening to so musik.

Regards Tyrius

My advice is get the headphones. The mic on headsets aren't great, and just getting a dirt-cheap dedicated microphone will be enough. Or you could even just use the microphone on your old headset if you want to be really cheap.

I've had the Cloud II's, and it's not worth to buy the Cloud II since the 7.1 sound is awful. I would get the normal Cloud or go for a headphone + mic.

A relative of mine is in the UK and I asked him to buy me a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80Ohm) and two cheap lapel lavalier microphones I found on Amazon. It's more expensive than a Cloud, but I think it will be way better.

That's the microphone I got: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microphone-Smartphone-Blusmart-Omnidirectional-Condenser/dp/B01F84YMZQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&srs=4948591031&ie=UTF8&qid=1470523592&sr=1-1

People recommend the Zalman ZM-Mic1 a lot, but this one seems to be better, and looking at the specs, it seems to be more sensitive, so I hope I won't have volume problems (The Cloud's microphone is pretty low).

Headsets are convenient, but a headphone + microphone will probably get you the best sound quality.

CPU: i5 10600KFMotherboard: Asus B460M-Plus | Cooling: Gamemmaxx 400 XT w/ Corsair ML120 Elite + 1 ML120 Elite exhaust + 2 ML140 Elite intake

RAM: 2x16GB Netac DDR4 3200MT/s @2666CL13 | GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual +200/+1200MHz/+5%

Storage: 2TB XPG S70 Blade, WD Blue NVMe 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TBPSU: Corsair TX550M

Monitor: 2x Pichau Cepheus Fuse 28" 4k 144Hz HDR | Keyboard: Corsair K70 mk.2 Cherry MX Red

Headphone/headset: Kuba Disco Pro/Gamer + Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro | OS: Windows 11 Home

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB + Ugreen Vertical MouseCase: Corsair Carbide 400C

Ok, first of all thank you for the replies so far :)

I'd be thankful for more advice on headphones in this pricerange, I'm not well informed about that market at all :/

EDIT: These will be used mainly for gaming, but also for listening to so musik.