PSU/Motheroard failure?

Carl2608

Hi everyone, i was hoping i could get a little help on this one. 

I'm having boot issues with my PC, and i can't figure out a solution to it. I was waiting for No Man's Sky to release on Steam when i thought to myself "you know, it would probably run more stabile if i turned off my CPU overclock". So i soft-shut down the system in Windows (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit), and when i pressed the power button to turn it on again... Nothing. just a quick flash from the LEDs on my soundcard and a "clack" from the power supply. i instantly thought the PSU died (EVGA SuperNova G2 850w), but i tested the unit with my trusty 12v bridging plug and the unit seems functional (it powers my D5 pump just fine, so i assume it works). My attention turned to the Mobo, which from close inspection had some fluid spillage from the CPU block onto the PCB, but nothing major. I suspect it's the board, but why didn't it short circuit in Windows then? As stated, it was 100% operational until i powered the system down in Windows, so im at a loss and have no idea to the cause of the issue. Any clues or help is appreciated. 

Specs:

Core i7 4790K @ 4.8 GHz

ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark S (Sabranco) from the TUF lineup 

HyperX FURY 32 gb 1866 MHz ram  

PNY GTX 1080 Founders Edition

EVGA SuperNova G2 850w

Samsung 950 Pro + Samsung 850 EVO

Custom cooling from EKWB

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Motherboard BIOS 2702 - GPU BIOS Whatever is latest from NVIDIA. 

i've already uninstalled the CPU block, GPU and a radiator. 

sometimes a short can't kill a computer immediately but bricks it after a restart, i'm guessing that the BIOS ROM chip got fried and doesn't work, also some water cooling fluid is not conductive but if it drys it can cause a bridge and kill the system

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

4 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

sometimes a short can't kill a computer immediately but bricks it after a restart, i'm guessing that the BIOS ROM chip got fried and doesn't work, also some water cooling fluid is not conductive but if it drys it can cause a bridge and kill the system

huh. You might e onto something. New motherboard then?

yep, sorry bro, their many one's better than dell, check my system, it's over kill for about $2000 AUS. worth it! #HELLYEA

12 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

yep, sorry bro, their many one's better than dell, check my system, it's over kill for about $2000 AUS. worth it! #HELLYEA

Dell? it's an ASUS board.

sorry was tired when seeing this post

Did you turn off your overclock In the end? 

Have you tried turning it on again? If so, does it keep doing that? Maybe clear CMOS?

19 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Have you tried turning it on again? If so, does it keep doing that? Maybe clear CMOS?

it's fried. i cleared the CMOS, still a no-go. I have ordered an ASRock Z97 OC Formula to replace this board, should be here any day now.