Video playback tearing and windows themes.

I have been suffering from pretty bad video playback screen tearing for quite some time and finally stumbled upon a fix.

It appears that the Windows Aero theme includes vertical sync and that enabling it can take care of screen tearing.  To access the settings you right click the desktop and click personalize or properties depending on your OS version.  Then click Windows Color and Appearance.  If you are already running Aero, you will be presented a page with color options instead of the page shown in the video.  To access that page, click Open classic appearance properties for more color options.

Test system is AMD Phenom x4 with AMD Radeon HD 6870.
The following is information and sources used.
https://youtu.be/5xkNy9gfKOg - Video playing on the screen in case you want to test yourself.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/308728-33-screen-tearing-video-gaming - The source that caused me to look at the windows display settings.  Previously I had been digging through Catalyst Control Center with no avail.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

Aero should be enabled by default . 

Also anyone running windows 8 or higher shouldn't have to worry about it .

This problem happens because people stupidly think turning of aero imporves performance when its actually the opisite if they have any kinda of GPU or cpu made in the last 7 years or so .

This is yet just one more thing windows 10 does better. I know theres alot of bullshit with `10 , but the under the hood improvements alone are worth the hassle IMHO , especially if your gaming