Noctua nf-f12 vs. Crosair sp 120

Th3Brofessiona1

i have the corsair sp 120 right now on my hyper 212 evo and i am going to soon upgrade to an h100i and i dont know if i should keep my sp 120s or go for the noctuas

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

Noctuas. For either air or water cooling. If you don't like the color use Rit Dye.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Do you find the SP's to loud? If not don't bother save the $50.

i was also wondering if their was any preformance difference between the two

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

Noctuas. For either air or water cooling. If you don't like the color use Rit Dye.

Someone's a fanboy (no pun intended)

Very very minor differences performance wise. The looks of the SP's outweigh the 2c difference in my opinion.

SP120's Performance editions should perform better.

They are considered quite loud though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Noctua for slightly lower noise VS Corsair for the color rings.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

what about the sp 120 quite edition

Corsairs look nicer, Noctuas are more quiet. Pick which one is more important to you.

Spoiler

so, the preformance between the sp 120 quite edition and the noctua nf-f12 ar almost the same

what about the sp 120 quite edition

Higher temps for lower noise~

It is just a lower RPM edition. With PWM I would rather get a normal one and set the speed or using a fan controller.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

Like everyone already said.. not much between them. I use SP120 Quiet Editions and NFF12's.. Only 2 Rad Fan's I'd ever use at this point.

Someone's a fanboy (no pun intended)

Not really, just saw a 6c difference when I changed my Hyper 212 fans from sp120 quiet editions to NF-F12s. That's a fairly solid performance gain, and the Noctuas are quieter. I'm using a custom cooling loop now and the loudest part of the computer is the fan on the power supply under load, otherwise its almost dead silent. Way I see it, if you care mostly about how something looks, pick the one that you most like the aesthetic of, if you care about performance and noise level pick accordingly. In my experience the best balance of noise/performance have been Noctuas.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

i have the corsair sp 120 right now on my hyper 212 evo and i am going to soon upgrade to an h100i and i dont know if i should keep my sp 120s or go for the noctuas

You have to ask your self........."Self?"......."Am I more into aesthetics?".......Or......"Am I more into performance?"

You have to ask your self........."Self?"......."Am I more into aesthetics?".......Or......"Am I more into performance?"

Totally agree.^

Or you could pretty much get the best of both worlds with Noiseblocker eLoops. Debatable whether they are as silent as Noctua, but at the very least they are quite close, and they're in white! And you can sacrifice a bit more silence by getting the Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro if you really need Black Fans.

Noctuas are great! But there are really good alternatives too.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

Or you could pretty much get the best of both worlds with Noiseblocker eLoops. Debatable whether they are as silent as Noctua, but at the very least they are quite close, and they're in white! And you can sacrifice a bit more silence by getting the Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro if you really need Black Fans.

Noctuas are great! But there are really good alternatives too.

Haven't used eLoops though I am hearing good things, though at this point if I wanted black fans I would probably Rit Dye mine instead of eating the cost of new fans. :D

Haven't used eLoops though I am hearing good things, though at this point if I wanted black fans I would probably Rit Dye mine instead of eating the cost of new fans. :D

Yeah they're quite well received. I have a few and they appear to work great, though I haven't tried NF-F12s, only using the stock Noctua fans on my NH-D14. I couldn't find Noctuas locally so had to order them online, and once I factored in shipping and everything Noctuas/Noiseblockers worked out to be roughly the same price.

Dyeing fans just seems like a bit of a hassle many people don't want, though I definitely want to try it one day if I had the resources to do so.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

Dyeing fans just seems like a bit of a hassle many people don't want, though I definitely want to try it one day if I had the resources to do so.

I've dyed plastics in the past, its not bad. Use Rit Dye and an old pan. Just take the fan apart (dont want water/dye on the mechanism) and place the plastic in the liquid (the dye comes as liquid or a powder, you add either to water and mix), place the whole thing in the oven on LOW heat (like 180 F / 80 c) and let it sit. Check it from time to time until its the shade you want. You can go darker but you cant dye the plastic a lighter color.