Bluetooth Speakers - Sonos Alternative?

Go to solution Solved by Rmusic10891,

Depending on what your budget is you could hack together a solution. You could buy a set of powered monitors (JBL LSR305 are the go to suggestion for most here) then attach a chromecast audio to the back of each of them. The then set up the two chromecasts as a group allowing you to play to both of them.

That's assuming that you want to put the speakers in opposite corners. With something like the edifiers you would have to run a cable between them. If you plan on putting both speakers in one corner I would still go for a nice set of powered monitors plus a chromecast, but that's just me.

Hi all,

Ive been looking for some speakers that I can mount to the corners of my room (About 2 meters up), that can be connected via Bluetooth or something of the sort. I have some features down below in mind that Im trying to look for but I cant really find any.

- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Built in AMP (No need for external amp)
- Wont have to pair the speaker to the device each time.(Like doesnt drop out)
-Wall mountable
-Decent quality :)

I've had a look at the SONOS Play series and they seem to have everything I want however they seem pricey for 1 Unit each and im not too sure on the loudness.

Thanks for anything you guys can recommend!

well, you could use pretty much any Bluetooth speaker that can be turned on remotely? Wall-mount can be done with some small wall-mounted cupboard. Most speakers can be paired in a "stereo mode" and most remember the last connected device and auto-connect when you turn them on. Your main problem will be how you can wake the speakers from standby... Hence, I'd have a look at the likes of those:

https://www.amazon.com/s?rh=n%3A3236451011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A172572

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

I haven't used them, but I've heard through the grapevine that the Dynaudio Xeo 4 wireless speakers are superb. Not sure what your budget is, but they're not too badly priced at around $2,000 USD

1 hour ago, Speakerator said:

well, you could use pretty much any Bluetooth speaker that can be turned on remotely? Wall-mount can be done with some small wall-mounted cupboard. Most speakers can be paired in a "stereo mode" and most remember the last connected device and auto-connect when you turn them on. Your main problem will be how you can wake the speakers from standby... Hence, I'd have a look at the likes of those:

https://www.amazon.com/s?rh=n%3A3236451011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A172572

Thanks for the response, I like the sound of the Edifier R2000DB, do you think they will be better than say a wall mounted?

1 hour ago, Belgarathian said:

I haven't used them, but I've heard through the grapevine that the Dynaudio Xeo 4 wireless speakers are superb. Not sure what your budget is, but they're not too badly priced at around $2,000 USD

A bit too pricey for me haha

Depending on what your budget is you could hack together a solution. You could buy a set of powered monitors (JBL LSR305 are the go to suggestion for most here) then attach a chromecast audio to the back of each of them. The then set up the two chromecasts as a group allowing you to play to both of them.

That's assuming that you want to put the speakers in opposite corners. With something like the edifiers you would have to run a cable between them. If you plan on putting both speakers in one corner I would still go for a nice set of powered monitors plus a chromecast, but that's just me.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1