How do you move Chrome?

helping
Go to solution Solved by EricX2,

So.. I tested with like a few dozen tabs.. and you can grab anywhere on the top bar (greeen) that isn't a tab and it works. (win 7/8)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

You just click a few times.  It goes from snapping to not snapped. And then "up arrow" to maximize from any state.  Play around with it, once you get used to it, its pretty nifty.

I use three monitors. and move chrome around all the time.

This, grab any place that isn't a tab and it will move...

However, you CAN move the window to a different monitor with keyboard. Win+shift+left/right arrow will move it to the left or right monitor. Windows 7 or 8.

It's bothering me and I never had this problem in Firefox

I like to move my windows to different monitors a lot by clicking and dragging the top bar of the window open and moving it to a different monitor. On Chrome it doesn't seem like you can do this when you have multiple tabs open because you end up grabbing a tab instead and opening a new instance on another window instead due to the top bar not being big enough to click on.

To move a filled maximized window I have to either wiggle my mouse somewhere where I'm not clicking a tab, or restore down and then move it.

halp

Error: 410

Windows key + arrow keys

No, that will align it to a different side of the same screen. Same as snapping windows side by side.

I think you may just need better eyesight or sit closer to the monitor.

The mouse literally won't go any higher

If I have a full row of tabs I usually just grab between the "new tab" button and the minimize button.

I was afraid of that, looks tedious. Hopefully there's a way to mod a larger upper lip into Chrome that can be grabbed?

ain't nobody movin' chrome

Win + arrow works. Just hit it three times and it should move over one monitor, then hit the up arrow to maximize...(might be Windows 8 only)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

I might have to macro this because it's 6 strokes from first to third monitor lol.

Actually it works in a circle too so I could just jump from far left to far right, might take a while to get used to that.

However, you CAN move the window to a different monitor with keyboard. Win+shift+left/right arrow will move it to the left or right monitor. Windows 7 or 8.

That's one I didn't know. Paired with win+arrow key that's probably the best solution since I might struggle maneuvering my mouse between tabs or the minimize button.

Win + arrow works. Just hit it three times and it should move over one monitor, then hit the up arrow to maximize...(might be Windows 8 only)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

So.. I tested with like a few dozen tabs.. and you can grab anywhere on the top bar (greeen) that isn't a tab and it works. (win 7/8)

post-7162-0-58734800-1381373953.jpg

No, that will align it to a different side of the same screen. Same as snapping windows side by side.

You just click a few times.  It goes from snapping to not snapped. And then "up arrow" to maximize from any state.  Play around with it, once you get used to it, its pretty nifty.

My Rigs (past and present)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG