Is this any good?

montyrule

Would this be ok to use on my CPU to get thermal paste off? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Silver-ArctiClean-Material-Purifier/dp/B000BKP306/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470776622&sr=8-1&keywords=cpu+cleaning+kit 

My cooler is being RMA'd and I might need to stick the stock intel one on for a little bit until the new one arrives!

Thanks

Something Awesome!

2 minutes ago, montyrule said:

Yes that stuff works well, another option is just plain 99% isopropyl alcohol which is fairly standard theses days. 

-Moved to Air Cooling- 

getting some 99% isopropyl alcohol is pretty standard to use and probably much cheaper than that stuff ( or you could get a LOT more liquid for the same price)

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes that stuff works well, another option is just plain 99% isopropyl alcohol which is fairly standard theses days. 

-Moved to Air Cooling- 

Do you think I would be able to get two uses out of it? 

Also looking at amazon the only stuff I could get would take over a week. 

Something Awesome!

Just now, montyrule said:

Do you think I would be able to get two uses out of it? 

Also looking at amazon the only stuff I could get would take over a week. 

Much more than that, you only use a few drops each times you should easily get over 10 uses out of it. If you have a local pharmacy they should have 99% or at least 70% isopropyl alcohol, that stuff works just as well at cleaning thermal compound. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Much more than that, you only use a few drops each times you should easily get over 10 uses out of it. If you have a local pharmacy they should have 99% or at least 70% isopropyl alcohol, that stuff works just as well at cleaning thermal compound. 

Ah thanks very much! 

Something Awesome!

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

So, would something like this be alright? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Isopropyl-Rubbing-Alcohol-First-Septic/dp/B00FQLUHSI/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1470775774&sr=8-1&keywords=isopropyl+alcohol 

Something Awesome!

2 minutes ago, montyrule said:

Yes that would work ideally if you can get the 99% stuff that tends to flash off quicker as it has less water content, but 70% isn't an issue also. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yes that would work ideally if you can get the 99% stuff that tends to flash off quicker as it has less water content, but 70% isn't an issue also. 

Cheers

Something Awesome!