Rogers/Fido Outage across Canada

algoat

For all the Canadians on the forum, you may have noticed or know someone affected by the Rogers Wireless national outage happening right now.  For anybody not from Canada, think of it as one third of the country's cellular service being down.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/09/rogers-wireless-currently-experiencing-a-network-outage/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-wireless-suffering-countrywide-outages-1.1932019

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I was with Rogers once, never again. Loosing connection driving on the highway two miles south of one of the most populated city in the country, that was happening waaaay too often :P

I remember this.. in my school area Rogers have better signal then Bell or Telus and today my friend needed to borrow my phone to call his mom because his phone wasn't "working"... I guess his calls never reached the other end, eh? Interesting.

WIND FTW!

Maybe in Toronto. Here in London Wind is absolute GARBAGE! Dropped calls quite often, and data was usually insanely slow.

Maybe in Toronto. Here in London Wind is absolute GARBAGE! Dropped calls quite often, and data was usually insanely slow.

That's why living in bigger cities but in suburbs is better.

Quote me to get a reply!

That's why living in bigger cities but in suburbs is better.

I'd rather not be in Ontario at all, I only live here for school.

Haven't had any problems as of late.  I hate Rogers for not getting me updates for my GS3 in a timely manner, but never really had any service problems in Kingston.

I'd rather not be in Ontario at all, I only live here for school.

Too many taxes?

Quote me to get a reply!

Too many taxes?

I just don't like the terrain, it's too flat. Not to mention the air quality in southwestern Ontario is pretty bad.

I just don't like the terrain, it's too flat. Not to mention the air quality in southwestern Ontario is pretty bad.

BC? Quebec?

Quote me to get a reply!

Don't ever move to Manitoba.... I am unhappy I have to go back in a few months for work.

Mods, please either remove or lock this. I didn't realize it was a repost.

ebe8bcad3aa58741cfd8b7af60981548.png

Rogers, part of Canada's big 3 moblie providers has had this outrage for the past 5 hours. We (Canadians) need a revolution :(

972b912c327b3ed366fd9de296428455.png

75daeef61384720ef04c28fbed4ec7e4.png

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Any company can have down time, I won't put the blame completely on Rogers.

The pricing is still ridiculous though.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

California ftw :P

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Any company can have down time, I won't put the blame completely on Rogers.

The pricing is still ridiculous though.

Yeah, I'd give Rogers the benefit of the doubt in terms of regional down time. But, national...that's going a bit too far.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Shit...my bad.

IP.Board's search function is quite bad. Try searching this in Google:

site:linustechtips.com ENTER SEARCH TERMS HERE

GW2: Vettexl.9726

IP.Board's search function is quite bad. Try searching this in Google:

site:linustechtips.com ENTER SEARCH TERMS HERE

Nah I know it is. I do use the Google search function. It's just I've been out all day and I had 60 forum notifications when I came back. I skimmed through them and I guess that post just scrolled right by me.

WIND FTW!

THIS!!! FTW

Been with WIND for 1 Year no Issues WHATSOWHATSO  :P

PC Gaming forever...

I found comedic value from the outcry over this outage from nearly everyone on my social media pages yesterday.  Every other "status update" was like, "WTF!  I can't use my cellphone for the night!  Oh noes!!!!  Please contact me this way!!!"  They make it seem like the apocalypse was coming.  :lol:

Land lines, carrier pigeons, and snail mail FTW!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr