Budget GPUs, again

Go to solution Solved by Luithian,
Just now, Alexokan said:

I'd probably go with the 460 2gb. Doesn't have the horsepower to need the 4 gb variant - apparently. 

Performs better than 750ti, consumes about the same amount of power. 

I'm thinking that, although the 750 ti was recently £80, but for the extra performance, I'd be willing to pay slightly more. 

Since my last post, the obvious choice was the GTX 950, which since then, has gone out of my price range.

So here I am again, seeking help and guidance for a budget GPU, let's do this.

The red corner:

PowerColor Red Dragon AMD RX 460 2GB - £98.99

The green corner:

MSI Geforce GTX 750 ti 2GB - £94.98

The other red corner, that makes no sense apart from saving money:

MSI R7 360 OC 2GB - £83.99

I will also be spending an extra £8.99-£20 on a new PSU to accomodate it, as my current 250w has neither the power; or the connectors to supply the GPU. I am also not prepared to spend over £100 on the GPU, as the entire system itself originally cost £230.

EDIT:

Buying a second hand GPU is not an option, as where I live is pretty much a retirement village, and the second hand GPU market within 10 miles consists of GT 210s and GT 610s, with the odd HD 78XX, priced at around £150 mostly.

Extra Info:

CPU - Intel Core i3-4130 @ 3.4GHz

RAM - 8GB (2x4GB) 1333MHz DDR3 (Replacing soonTM) (Also 4GB is 1600mhz, but I (borrowed) 4GB from my Gran because she has 32 bit windows.)

HDD - 500 GB Sata ????RPM 

SSD - N/a

MOBO - Asus H81M-k

(Yes it was pre-built, don't judge, it was cheap as chips and the CPU is incredible, IMO)

Anything/everything constructive is appreciated.

Many Thanks

-Luithian

I'd probably go with the 460 2gb. Doesn't have the horsepower to need the 4 gb variant - apparently. 

Just now, Alexokan said:

I'm thinking that, although the 750 ti was recently £80, but for the extra performance, I'd be willing to pay slightly more. 

This is a great situation for a used GPU. At $100 you will get a much better value looking down that route than you will trying to find a new one.

Edit: If you can allocate a little bit more towards the PSU, maybe 5 euro more, it would go quite a bit further towards one that wouldn't explode.

19 minutes ago, Logarithm said:

This is a great situation for a used GPU. At $100 you will get a much better value looking down that route than you will trying to find a new one.

Edit: If you can allocate a little bit more towards the PSU, maybe 5 euro more, it would go quite a bit further towards one that wouldn't explode.

Forgot to add in the post that I don't trust buying second hand, whoops! Also £5 more on a PSU seems reasonable enough :) Thanks

1 minute ago, Luithian said:

Forgot to add in the post that I don't trust buying second hand, whoops! Also £5 more on a PSU seems reasonable enough :) Thanks

You really should. You can get so much more for your money. For 100 Euros (I think?) You could easily get a 280, which would blow the 750ti out of the water, and GPUs are definitely one of the most reliable components to buy used. You should definitely consider it, and look into online and brick-and-mortar used computer component outlets in your area.

4 minutes ago, Logarithm said:

You really should. You can get so much more for your money. For 100 Euros (I think?) You could easily get a 280, which would blow the 750ti out of the water, and GPUs are definitely one of the most reliable components to buy used. You should definitely consider it, and look into online and brick-and-mortar used computer component outlets in your area.

R9 280? Also it's pounds (£).

Just now, Luithian said:

R9 280? Also it's pounds (£).

Yes. I suck at currency symbols.