Strange buzzing from CPU socket

Pixelicious

Hello,

I was wondering if this is anything to be worried about, it's hard to hear when the case is closed but noticeable when looking inside.

Seems to be a strange buzzing coming from or around the CPU socket, I have the MSI Krait Gaming 3X motherboard and an I7 6700K non overclocked. Video link below

CPU Buzzing

Just as you installed the CPU a fly must have flown inside the socket. Rookie mistake but don't worry, happens to the best of us.

Probably your GPU or something to do with cpu power delivery

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

1 minute ago, Julian5 said:

Probably your GPU or something to do with cpu power delivery

Is that anything to worry about or should is there a way to fix that? I'm not amazingly skilled when it comes to CPU stuff :P

Just now, Pixelicious said:

Is that anything to worry about or should is there a way to fix that? I'm not amazingly skilled when it comes to CPU stuff :P

If it's coil whine, you can't really do anything about it. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, Pixelicious said:

Try removing the gpu see if its still there, if it really disturbs you then RMA the mobo or Gpu dpending on what makes the sound

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

When I put my ear to the GPU it doesn't seem to be coming from that and it not audible outside the case, the vibration of my hard drive is worse. it's loudest at the cut out behind the CPU.

Probably the power delivery system near the cpu causing coil whine.  There isn't much you can do about it and most manufacturers wont accept an rma for it. You can try though. 

But at least coil whine can't really be used as a measure for quality. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

As long as it's nothing going to cause me problems on the long term it doesn't concern me greatly but I worry about a lot of things and the PC is only a week old so just wanted to make sure to put my mind at ease :)

25 minutes ago, Pixelicious said:

As long as it's nothing going to cause me problems on the long term it doesn't concern me greatly but I worry about a lot of things and the PC is only a week old so just wanted to make sure to put my mind at ease :)

its fine then

Elemental 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Laptops

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, Pixelicious said:

You're fine.  It might even go away on it's own.  My 290x was very whiny when i bought it,  but has no issues now. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

On 8/8/2016 at 7:03 PM, Coaxialgamer said:

You're fine.  It might even go away on it's own.  My 290x was very whiny when i bought it,  but has no issues now. 

I know this is old now but the sound goes away if I disable Intel C State, So maybe something to do with the power changing?

17 minutes ago, Pixelicious said:

I know this is old now but the sound goes away if I disable Intel C State? So maybe something to do with the power changing?

It's coil whine, sounds exactly like it. No problem, no danger. I would run a fan to drown out the noise if it bugs you, otherwise, it's no problem at all.

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

1 hour ago, Pixelicious said:

I know this is old now but the sound goes away if I disable Intel C State? So maybe something to do with the power changing?

No,  it won't.

1 hour ago, Pixelicious said:

the sound goes away if I disable Intel C State

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

No,  it won't.

LOL what? How can you tell someone something they did and worked didn't happen? lol

--Thread killer--

3 hours ago, Deagon said:

LOL what? How can you tell someone something they did and worked didn't happen? lol

Misread the post.  Since op put a question mark at the end i thought he was asking 

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Misread the post.  Since op put a question mark at the end i thought he was asking 

I know that's why i kept writing lol, I was just yankin' your chain a bit lol :P

--Thread killer--