My Next Build Planning

My current PC is pushing 2 years old and I have started to plan and imagine what I would want to do. I want to build a m-Atx X99 water cooled system. 

My current PC is a 4790K Dual 970 sli Atx buid : 

I've always wanted a small form factor system because my friend has one and I fell in love with it. I really only game on my PC right now but my other passion is photography and I feel like content creation could be right up my ally. Right now I am running dual 1440p 60hz monitors. I plan to be running one 1440p 144hz in the future when I am satisfied with one that comes out. I really miss expressing the creative side of me so a second 4k/1440p will be a consideration. Two monitors is all I need but having a external TV hooked up for streams would be nice. 

I know I want to go for Sli and X99 with a mAtx board. I am unsure whether the current 6 core CPU's are worth it in the long run right now. Probably going to wait and see what intel brings out over the next year. Same goes for the GPU's. I'm upgrading my 2 hard drives to a 500gb ssd pretty soon and my current storage will last me for many computer builds I hope. Expecting my two WD green's not to last much longer but other than that I am not sure when I would have problems with the rest of the build. I guest after two years the longevity of the build is up to my jurisdiction. 

Case is undecided. All suggestions welcome. I favor different and innovative designs (I love my FT02 but its huge lol). 

Thanks for readying!

2 hours ago, Dobbsjr said:

If you're not gonna sell those part, uhh, might as well give them to me! :P Please. 

Take a look at Linus' new video. It's a build log for a shoe box sized pc. 

I'll sell them to you :P

Yeah I saw it pretty sick

9 hours ago, Darkmatter35 said:

My current PC is pushing 2 years old and I have started to plan and imagine what I would want to do. I want to build a m-Atx X99 water cooled system. 

Case is undecided. All suggestions welcome. I favor different and innovative designs (I love my FT02 but its huge lol). 

Well don't mind me letting my imagination run wild here: by no means cheap or anything, but gives some perspective. It ended up being a black on black on black Corsair build with touches of grey.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rmFTJV

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2630 V4 2.2GHz 10-Core Processor  ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

10 cores, will boost to 3.1GHz, paired with that H100i push-pull in the front of the case should keep temps decent. You can always do a custom water cooling loop.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-M WS Micro ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($263.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 

32GB of RAM, because we can.
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($317.99 @ B&H) 

Nice and fast, SATA is getting boring and slow.
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($196.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($196.99 @ B&H) 

Gotta put your stuff somewhere.
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($429.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($429.99 @ Newegg) 

This'll do 1440p just fine, take the 1080 if you're doing 4K stuff. Gotta keep in mind this case doesn't fit the longest GPUs with that rad up front.
Case: Corsair Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

I kinda like this case. It's different.
Power Supply: Corsair 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: CableMod Black&White Sleeved Cables ($119.90)
Total: $3067.78

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-08 18:33 EDT-0400

Have fun picking parts, there's a lot of stuff out there.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

Man i'm trying to get my new build done. I am trying to get a cooler master HAF case and mod it with a navy camo powder coat and have navy pride on one side and nuclear engineer on the other since i'm in the navy as a nuclear engineer. maybe later put blue liquid cooling in it. Only problem is when i drill out the rivets idk if i can easily replace them.

3 hours ago, Xineas said:

Well don't mind me letting my imagination run wild here: by no means cheap or anything, but gives some perspective. It ended up being a black on black on black Corsair build with touches of grey.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rmFTJV

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2630 V4 2.2GHz 10-Core Processor  ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

10 cores, will boost to 3.1GHz, paired with that H100i push-pull in the front of the case should keep temps decent. You can always do a custom water cooling loop.
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-M WS Micro ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($263.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

32GB of RAM, because we can.
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($317.99 @ B&H) 

Nice and fast, SATA is getting boring and slow.

Gotta put your stuff somewhere.

This'll do 1440p just fine, take the 1080 if you're doing 4K stuff. Gotta keep in mind this case doesn't fit the longest GPUs with that rad up front.
Case: Corsair Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

I kinda like this case. It's different.
Power Supply: Corsair 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: CableMod Black&White Sleeved Cables ($119.90)
Total: $3067.78

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-08 18:33 EDT-0400

Have fun picking parts, there's a lot of stuff out there.

thanks for the effort. cool points

13 hours ago, Darkmatter35 said:

I know I want to go for Sli and X99 with a mAtx board. I am unsure whether the current 6 core CPU's are worth it in the long run right now. Probably going to wait and see what intel brings out over the next year. 

Unless you are building in the next month or two, I'd wait a bit longer for Skylake X.  It seems like it's shaping up to be a huge jump from the current x99 platform and will have more configuration options with the ability to use the Kaby Lake X CPUs as well.