Xbox Halo 5 Tech Question

EcIips3

So let me start off this topic with a little background before I ask my Question.  

Back in March Gamers Outreach had their Annual Gamers For Giving Charity Event.  I was among the few that showed up for their Halo 5 Tournament.  The tournament, sadly, was canceled due to issues connecting all the Xbox's into the same game.  Microsoft has not opted for the capabilities of giving their games the Option to have a LAN Lobby, like most systems do.  Instead requires that every Xbox be connected to Xbox live to play in a system link manor.  I was not on the technical side of this as I was one of the players, and had very limited information given.  All I know is that the issue was not resolved and canceled the event.  During this entire process though There was a 300 BYOPC Lan, that was running and having no major issues for connection.

So my Question I ask to you is this "Is there a way to setup a fake XBL server?  So that instead of dealing with ISP and the actual Xbox Live servers, all the systems in a sense would be directly connected to the server, acting as Xbox Live.

PS.  If you don't know about Gamers Outreach Giving a quick look.  They raise money though these events for Children in hospitals and other charity projects. 

Not legally, or without breaking the TOS, AFAIK.

You'd have to reverse-engineer the whole Xbox live system. I haven't heard of anyone doing so, surprisingly. It seems like it'd be way easier to fake an OS update with a PC program over ethernet LAN than to use the traditional modding methods.

Seeing as no-one's publicly tried, I'm assuming its quite difficult. You'd need very specific knowledge of XBL's inner workings and to be a server genius.

Sorry mate.