Do the HyperX Cloud II's sound better with the USB Dac or not. If not, what is the best EQ settings?

Hi, 

I am planning on buying the HyperX Cloud II's. Before buying i wanna know if music audio quality is improved with the USB Dac while surround sound is off. If audio quality is worse, what are the best EQ setting? Please leave the Hz and the Db. I personally like a nice, detailed sound with punchy bass and good mids and highs. Also, if you think flat is the best, does flat sound the same across most headphones? Or, is it different?

If you want punch, boost 100Hz. I don't know how to EQ "good" mids and highs.

The Cloud II dongle is shit. Don't use it under and situation or circumstance, unless you are a noob audio pleb upon whom I will look down with scorn.

Ok, thanks. 'Good' was a bad description. I want detailed highs and the serrings for mids that will compliment the punchy badd and detailed highs. No specifics on the mids. I will just try out suggestions. Thanks!

3 hours ago, SSL said:

If you want punch, boost 100Hz. I don't know how to EQ "good" mids and highs.

The Cloud II dongle is shit. Don't use it under and situation or circumstance, unless you are a noob audio pleb upon whom I will look down with scorn.

I guess im a noob audio pleb. And mine even broke. :( Now I have to use the dac/amp built into the my monitor... Oh god.

- snip-

Do you need a Single TRRS cable to dual TRS splitter to allow the mic and headset to work without the USB Dac?

3 minutes ago, ZenTech518 said:

Do you need a Single TRRS cable to dual TRS splitter to allow the mic and headset to work without the USB Dac?

Probably? I thought the Cloud came with that, though.

The Cloud came with a splitter. The Cloud II's came with no splitter and just a dac.

19 hours ago, ZenTech518 said:

Hi, 

I am planning on buying the HyperX Cloud II's. Before buying i wanna know if music audio quality is improved with the USB Dac while surround sound is off. If audio quality is worse, what are the best EQ setting? Please leave the Hz and the Db. I personally like a nice, detailed sound with punchy bass and good mids and highs. Also, if you think flat is the best, does flat sound the same across most headphones? Or, is it different?

for gaming NO

for audio stuff buy a diffrent pair DAC woudnt do much

16 hours ago, ZenTech518 said:

Ok, thanks. 'Good' was a bad description. I want detailed highs and the serrings for mids that will compliment the punchy badd and detailed highs. No specifics on the mids. I will just try out suggestions. Thanks!

buy a monitor or hd 280

USB Dongle is crap, broke after 15 minutes for me xD and sounds better with a normal 3.5mm cable, as for EQ i just use flat