Best Answer Record

RedWulf

Not that the thumbs up and agrees don't testify to ones reputation, but I think there should be a tally kept on one's profile of how many times they were marked as best answer.

Ignoring those marked by themselves(the OP puts their own comment as best answer). Just another bar with the likes and agrees. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

A lot of times I see the OP on forums reply to the answer with something along the lines of "Thank you that worked", then marked their thank you post as best answer.

Self-best-answering should definitely be excluded if this is implemented.

4 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

No.

It will only end up like on tomshardware, where people would make alt accounts to post easy questions for their main acct to answer and be given best answer count.

LTT's server will only get loaded with these fake question posts.

If they want to add something, it would be an entire page dedicated to Recent Topics, with section filters.

That is one thing tomshardawre got right. It allows helpers and problem solvers to find unvisited question posts.

If that was the case it would already happen with thumbs up, funny, agree, informative, etc. People would be making dozens of accounts to follow themselves and agree with themselves on everything. I doubt one more reputation stat, even if slightly more definitive or pertinent than others, woulf be the tipping point.  

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

It was discussed in

and the decision was that it's not something that we really want to do, because the best answer isn't necessarily the only post worthy of recognition in that topic, or even a good post.

HTTP/2 203