Is this dangerous?

These are some pictures of my system. I was just wondering if it could start on fire or something. I know that it's probably going to break my computer.

1470478505304-1501239497.jpg

...what am I looking at? it looks like ou have a discarded paper towel in there with a drinking glass.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

DO NOT MOVE YOUR SYSTEM

and put some safety tape around it so no one else does and you should be fine

im assuming that your pump is in the cup and the cup is the reservoir 

Only thing that I was kind of worried about is submerging a non submergabal pump

4 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

Only thing that I was kind of worried about is submerging a non submergabal pump

yeah that might be a problem

why exactly did you submerge it  instead of leaving it out and just running a pipe back in 

5 minutes ago, MalaySausage said:

DO NOT MOVE YOUR SYSTEM

and put some safety tape around it so no one else does and you should be fine

im assuming that your pump is in the cup and the cup is the reservoir 

..ok so I wasnt seeing things.

This has bad idea written all over it.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, Nexxus said:

..ok so I wasnt seeing things.

This has bad idea written all over it.

its no worse that what luke and linus did in scrapyard wars 

Just now, MalaySausage said:

its no worse that what luke and linus did in scrapyard wars 

Those are systems built to a strict budget that have to run what... a few hours at most before being disassembled/never used again.

So yeah id say its worse.

System Specs

1 minute ago, Nexxus said:

Those are systems built to a strict budget that have to run what... a few hours at most before being disassembled/never used again.

So yeah id say its worse.

i think as long as it isnt touched and that non submersible pump dosent fail he should be right 

8 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

-SNIP-

Well I assume it's not permanent as it's an open loop, but yea as mentioned for the hardware's sake don't move it.

20 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

I know that it's probably going to break my computer.

Then...why?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The reason I had to submerge it is because I broke off the intake barb since it's a cheap ebay pump. I ordered a new one already so it should only be like this for a few days.

Because its a cheap $500 pc and I wanted to watercool my gpu.

3 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

The reason I had to submerge it is because I broke off the intake barb since it's a cheap ebay pump. I ordered a new one already so it should only be like this for a few days.

One thing what rad are you using, if it's aluminum your going to want to once you get a res and cap off that loop get some compatible fluid or your waterblock is going to corrode away. 

13 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

Isn't distilled water good?

Not when you're dealing with copper vs aluminum. They do not get along. At all.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

5 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

Isn't there a fluid you could add?

Anything corrosion inhibiting can be added. Watter-Wetter for example is usually available from any place that carries auto parts and liquids. Swiftech also makes an additive called HydrX which both inhibits corrosion and neutralizes bacteria which may be a good idea for you with your open-air concept of a reservoir.

Any automotive additive will not kill bacteria, only inhibit the corrosion. So if you leave that loop open to air too long you will more than likely have things growing in your loop before long.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

30 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

Isn't distilled water good?

15 minutes ago, TheCoolCookie said:

Isn't there a fluid you could add?

As mentioned aluminum and copper don't mix well so issues do come up eventually, but to limit it as much as possible a compatible premixed fluid or something like an ethylene glycol (anti freeze) mix with that has a biocidal agent in it would work. 

Plumbing Antifreeze. Just hit me. Super cheap and available almost anywhere. 

We use it to winterize boats that remain in the water, it's non-toxic and contains corrosion inhibitors. Also neutralizes bacteria growth.

For the love of God why?? :dry:

watercooling.jpg

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Empty the loop; flush it with clean distilled water then mix the antifreeze and distilled water in a clean container. You shouldn't need more than a 25/75 mix (25% antifreeze 75% water) for your loop since it's not going to be exposed to crazy temperature fluctuations.

For example: you want 1000ml, so you'd measure out 250ml of antifreeze and add it to 750ml of water.