my new rig...

Whats the purpose of this build?
Because the 6700k performs better in most games for less money, but if you need those extra cores, a good OC on the 6800 will make it perform well too. Same goes for getting 2x 1080s over that TitanXP, its rare that I suggest a dual card setup over a single better card but the gains of an XP isnt worth the extra money.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Just now, Moress said:

Whats the purpose of this build?
Because the 6700k performs better in most games for less money, but if you need those extra cores, a good OC on the 6800 will make it perform well too. Same goes for getting 2x 1080s over that TitanXP, its rare that I suggest a dual card setup over a single better card but the gains of an XP isnt worth the extra money.

i know what parts to choose, i'll be rendering 3d graphics and video editing and also gaming at 1440p which i'm pretty sure i'll get 60+ fps

15 minutes ago, Wheeljack699 said:

i'll be rendering 3d graphics and video editing and also gaming at 1440p 

Titan XP and 6800K? Overkill much :^) No bottlenecks here.

Nothing.

20 minutes ago, Wheeljack699 said:

i know what parts to choose, i'll be rendering 3d graphics and video editing and also gaming at 1440p which i'm pretty sure i'll get 60+ fps

Well the 6800K would be fine for that though you could probably save some money by going with a 5820K instead. 

Also the Titan X(P) unless you've seriously got the dough for it is way more than enough for 1440p 60fps.

If you were maybe doing 1440p surround or 1440p 144hz it would likely be good for that.

Considering your 3D rendering stuff probably takes advantage of Cuda rather than like OpenCL, the 1080 is fine for that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Well the 6800K would be fine for that though you could probably save some money by going with a 5820K instead. 

Also the Titan X(P) unless you've seriously got the dough for it is way more than enough for 1440p 60fps.

If you were maybe doing 1440p surround or 1440p 144hz it would likely be good for that.

Considering your 3D rendering stuff probably takes advantage of Cuda rather than like OpenCL, the 1080 is fine for that.

currently i have a 40" tv that is 1680x1050 res. (smh face palm) as my main monitor i'll be upgrading to the lg 34uc98 ultra-wide monitor

Just now, Wheeljack699 said:

currently i have a 40" tv that is 1680x1050 res. (smh) as my main monitor i'll be upgrading to the lg 34uc98 ultra-wide monitor

Still a GTX 1080 is plenty for that. Like I said if you had three (16:9) 2560x1440 60hz monitors or a 1440p 144hz monitor being paired it with, maybe it'd be easier to suggest the Titan X(P). Unless you gotta go fast.

Ahem...

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Still a GTX 1080 is plenty for that. Like I said if you had three (16:9) 2560x1440 60hz monitors or a 1440p 144hz monitor being paired it with, maybe it'd be easier to suggest the Titan X(P). Unless you gotta go fast.

Ahem...

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

lol but that 4gb of vram might make a difference, anyways thank you i just wanted to see if there will be issues with my pc :) 

2 minutes ago, Wheeljack699 said:

lol but that 4gb of vram might make a difference, anyways thank you i just wanted to see if there will be issues with my pc :) 

For 1440p and what you're workload will be with 3D rendering will probably be a-okay with 8GB of vram.

At least for 1440p it will be for sure.