iPad Mini 1st Gen Not Power On

Creed1

Hello.

Yesterday I was on my ipad and I was charging it and it charged from 5% to 12% then I went to bed. The next day I try to wake up my ipad and nothing. I tried powering it on, but I'm not even getting a low battery warning. Is my battery dead? Can I get it replaced? 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

i had the same problem i just left it on charge for the whole day and night (over 24 hours) and it just came to life. if you don't get as lucky just take it to the apple store they might be able to fix it for you

1 minute ago, micko12400 said:

take it to the apple store

Nope. They will charge at least $200, I'd bring it to an independent repair shop and have them either fix it (if you need data off it) or tell you that it's not worth being repaired.

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Actually, it sound more like MLB (main logic board) failure so it should be a tier 4 (very expensive) repair. Does it connect to a computer? If it does, the lcd cable might just've become loose.

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

16 hours ago, Lolucoca said:

Actually, it sound more like MLB (main logic board) failure so it should be a tier 4 (very expensive) repair. Does it connect to a computer? If it does, the lcd cable might just've become loose.

I'm going to take it into my local repair shop and see whats up. Seems like the battery is getting VERY hot. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student