App to turn off other apps and my laptop if it is overheating

Hi there!

Today I almost killed my laptop because I left it running a game wile on a bed with basically with no fan intake other than what it could manage to get through the mattress for about 10 minutes...

It was extremely hot and I was scared sh*tless.

Fortunately, the laptop still works, but I don't want it to stop working because I just forgot to close a program...

So I am looking for an app to close apps / the os based on a temperature curve. Does such an app exist?

Just an FYI, the laptop will auto shut down when it gets too hot to cause actual major damage, when the CPU hits 105C, before then it will throttle the speed down to try and keep temps under control

Shouldn't the computer turn off automatically if it overheats? Or at least turn down the clock speed?

I never heard of one, just close the programs if you are leaving yous laptop

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

3 minutes ago, roughavoc said:

Just an FYI, the laptop will auto shut down when it gets too hot to cause actual major damage, when the CPU hits 105C, before then it will throttle the speed down to try and keep temps under control

3 minutes ago, JelleDekkers said:

Shouldn't the computer turn off automatically if it overheats? Or at least turn down the clock speed?

I would rather it not come to that if at all possible, but It is a good thing to know... Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

I never heard of one, just close the programs if you are leaving yous laptop

2 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

Honestly a better bet is to not leave your laptop on your bed while you're playing a game. 

This is my first laptop and I only got it for about 2 weeks... I am more used with my pc witch would just not give a sh*t  =D

16 hours ago, Grx said:

This is my first laptop and I only got it for about 2 weeks... I am more used with my pc witch would just not give a sh*t  =D

Cover your PC with a blanket and then think if it gives a shit or not.

But to question. I don't know any software or tool which would work with temps. But you can setup power savings so that it goes to hibernation after certain period.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv