Some help with AM3+ mobo

Hello all, I finally got enough money together to ascend, and on day 31 my motherboard decided to start smoking and shooting sparks. Before that there was two weeks of the motherboard being stuck on 99 when booting, unless I had my usb wireless mouse and keyboard receiver disconnected. I know at that point I should have realized that was a bum motherboard, but I didn't think much of it. Then the sparks / smoke happened. It took out my cpu in the process. I have started an RMA on the motherboard and the CPU. Now while the motherboard is supposed to come back as a refurbished board, I am still a little worried and gun shy sticking with this brand. The board is a MSI krait sli edition, I havent used MSI before, so this is a bad first time with them. There was no overclocking or any tweaks enabled. Just running stock.

I would like some feedback on either I will be ok with MSI and stick with the refurbished board 

OR

What is a good crossfire AM3+ board, I would LOVE to have more then 32gb ram max since I will be hoping to use this computer for a long time. color scheme isnt that big of a deal at this point, m.2 sata would be a fun thing to try. The cpu is a 8350 if that helps.

Thank you everyone!  

At this point, I should just give you my computer and call it a day :P
I have a 990FX Sabertooth R2 inside the HAF XB that I bought used, and I'm really happy with it. it allows for x16/x16 dual GPUs, it's great for OC, and haven't caught fire yet. Not sure about going over 32GB in any board in this platform, but depending what you use your PC for, you may need it today or you may not need it for many years.

Asus has just released an R3 version with M.2 connector, although I don't know if it makes sense to invest much in this platform at this point.

Regarding MSI, I have no experience with them. I've read another user here saying multiple times that the SLI Krait line is a fire catastrophe waiting to happen. I didn't give too much credit to this apparent doomsaying first, but now you seem to confirm his warnings!

Edited by SpaceGhostC2C
typo + additional info

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

At this point, I should jsut give you my computer and call it a day :P
I have a 990FX Sabertooth R2 inside the HAF XB that I bought used, and I'm really happy with it. it allows for x16/x16 dual GPUs, it's great for OC, and haven't caught fire yet. Not sure about going over 32GB in any board in this platform, but depending what you use your PC for, you may need it today or you may not need it for many years.

Regarding MSI, I have no experience with them. I've read another user here saying multiple times that the SLI Krait line is a fire catastrophe waiting to happen. I didn't give too much credit to this apparent doomsaying first, but now you seem to confirm his warnings!

Lol I believe it, yeah the RAM is fine with 32gb. I have seen a few newegg reviews that said they did the RMA of the this board and MSI mailed them a refund check instead, I would LOVE that to happen. I have liked the idea of the asus aura board. But we will see how this RMA turns out first out. It is a real bummer to get a taste of games again and then having the computer kill itself, it killed itself on my birthday too what is the odds. But yeah I am really loosing all trust in MSI