CMD executed Websait, prevent from happening

Poohl
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,
1 minute ago, Poohl said:

so there's no setting in the CMD, that filters enters (and prevents everything from executing).

I've played with the CMD for years now and as far as my knowledge goes there is not. It's not THAT sophisticated. Using a text editor you can add:

pause

or

exit

to prevent the execution of .bat files if they contain not so nice commands. Simply inputting commands strait into CMD it'll run through them so long as the commands are followed with execute/enter.

Hello,

I've accidentally copy + pasted an entire webpage full of commands into the cmd, and it automaticly executed itself, because it contained enters. I can't undo this, but my System is still running, so it seems like it is harmless.

My Question: Is there any way to prevent enters from being copied into the CMD, so this doesn't happen again.

Have you tried copying the list of commands into a batch file then editing out the enter commands manually?

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Have you tried copying the list of commands into a batch file then editing out the enter commands manually?

no, I want that I can't accidentally copy enters into CMD.

I want to prevent enters from being copied into the CMD.

no, I want that I can't accidentally copy enters into CMD.

You stated that you got the list of commands off of a web page. Instead of putting them strait into a CMD session create a CMD.bat file, put the list in there then you can edit out the enters. It'll prevent this issue from occurring again.

You stated that you got the list of commands off of a web page. Instead of putting them strait into a CMD session create a CMD.bat file, put the list in there then you can edit out the enters. It'll prevent this issue from occurring again.

so there's no setting in the CMD, that filters enters (and prevents everything from executing).

I've played with the CMD for years now and as far as my knowledge goes there is not. It's not THAT sophisticated. Using a text editor you can add:

pause

or

exit

to prevent the execution of .bat files if they contain not so nice commands. Simply inputting commands strait into CMD it'll run through them so long as the commands are followed with execute/enter.

pause

or

exit

OK, well than that's it.

2 minutes ago, Poohl said:

OK, well than that's it.

If you accidentally execute something that you shouldn't run you can also add (input before the commands):

timeout (-1 to 99999)

timeout -1 (System will wait indefinitely)

timeout  0 (System will wait 0 seconds)

timeout 99999 (System will wait 27hrs 46mins 39secs)

23 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

~~

Thanks, that might be helpful.