Is my Gigabyte Gtx 1080 Xtreme - no stable? Issue with clocks after idle.

zzz123

Hello. I have an some problem with my system/gpu/mobo i dont know which exactly.

At some point after having my system powered on, it often happens while the system is idle, my GTX 1080 becomes permanently throttled. The graphics clock is halved from a maximum of 1990-2000mhz (factory OC) to 1285mhz . When this occurs, it doesn't matter how much I load my card, be it games or other demanding applications, it does not ever go past the above caps. The only solution I have had up until now was to reboot the system .GPU-Z reports the "perfcap" reason as PWR

And i have found many topics with the same issue on internet, its one of them even with Gtx 970/980/1070/1080:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/916069/geforce-drivers/gtx970-clock-rate-throttling-and-temporary-fix-/

Somebody said to me this:"RMA the card. It sounds like the GPU factory OC is unstable and causing the driver to stop responding, which forces weird power-state clocks to get stuck. Strange that it's happening while idling, but it could just be one of those strange issues."

What you think rma card?

Is my GPU unstable? I dont OC my card only oc is by factory. Card i bought 2 weeks ago.

But i check event viewer and no display driver crash. Not any warnings.

Have only installed CPUZ, GPUZ, FRAPS + 2 games. Dont have installed oc programs utilities like Evga Precision or Afterburner.

No display crashed. I check event and logs. 0 driver crash.

Ah ok.

6700K no oc

2x8GB DDR4 Kingston Hyperx

Asus Z170-P
Corsair 750 RM
SSD Crucial Bx100 256GB

Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme

Problem is when i run some game/s after pc being idle few days. Then core clock is throttled to 1275mhz. I must restart pc to fix this. Beside this card is stable and i dont have any driver crashes. 0 Crashes.

Just worried because i found topic about similiar issue here:

And reason was not stable oc. So maybe i have not stable factory OC? Also they had driver crashes, me not, 0 driver crash.