Building computers

Can you build a laptop?

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

yes you can!

Search for barebooks and find yourself a nice and good shell for your new pc and then browse the interweps for parts for this barebook. I would try ebay first. 

but, YES it is possible  but you need to spend some time researching online. 

Yes, it is possible. Look for bare books. Although, it takes alot more time and effort to do. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

4 hours ago, Flibblebot said:

No.

https://www.pi-top.com/

Small diy Raspberry pi laptop, but buying a laptop may be cheaper if you want desktop grade components.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

7 hours ago, Flibblebot said:

No.

OK, so I was being facetious, and it is possible to build your own laptop - but, unlike building a desktop PC, you probably won't be able to come close to the specs of a commercially available laptop. The biggest issues in laptop design are the size of components and dissipation of heat: most laptop design is spent on having the most space efficient design with the best cooling; you probably won't be able to match that with a barebook system, and it almost certainly won't be cheaper than a prebuilt system (and I'm not even sure that any companies make barebone laptops any more - although I'll gladly be proven wrong!)

The pi-top system looks cool, but $264 is a lot of money for something that doesn't even play Crysis ;-)

Yes you can but it is not as worth. Here is an example of a Clevo barebones seller.

http://www.rjtech.com/

Most of the barebones they have are also used in other laptop companies machines like Sager, Eurocom, Mythlogic, Origin PC, CyberPower PC, Digital Storm, Aftershock PC and many others in the world. They commonly have a different name when sold, so you may not link one and one immediately thinking that this is actually also available else where.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap