MSI Bios + Gigabye Extreme VGA Utility help.

I'm embarrassed to ask for help on these as its ultra noob stuff i should have no problem with, but here goes anyway!

How do I enable the "OC" mode in this stupid gigabyte vga utility (gigabyte gtx 1080 WFOC) ? It will only let me select game or eco mode.

Did a recent build with a x99 MSI board and a i7 and i cant get overclock to take? Its K cpu so ive bumped all multis up and even set it to fixed clock, shows fixed clock in bios but still running factory in windows? Ive pretty well run mostly gigabyte boards myself so the MSI bios is a bit alien to me! One things is i haven't disabled speedstep etc etc, which ive not had to do on any gigabyte boards when doing just multiplier OC's, i guess that could be it!

4 minutes ago, Dunxy said:

Did a recent build with a x99 MSI board and a i7 and i cant get overclock to take? Its K cpu so ive bumped all multis up and even set it to fixed clock, shows fixed clock in bios but still running factory in windows?

Can you post some HWMonitor screenshots while under load please?

It would also be nice to know your system specs and which settings are you using for your OCs.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

14 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Can you post some HWMonitor screenshots while under load please?

It would also be nice to know your system specs and which settings are you using for your OCs.

Its a mates system and hes on nights at moment so i wont get back to it for a week or so.
Its a MSI x99 gaming 7 i think (from memory) with a i7-4900k
As im not familiar with the MSI bios i couldn't even tell you what the pages were called of top of my head, going to look for some screenshots now.All i changed was multi as not going for any records here! Was set to 40 x which should yield 4ghz and in the turbo settings i also set max multi to 40 in there, there was also a "force constant clock" or something like that which i enabled.It shows CPU running 4ghz in bios, but in windows under full synthetic load shes only pulling 3.6 or 3.7 (i forget which).Its not throttling or anything, bloody cold here down under at moment and he has decent cooler and case.

Here's a pic of system as I was building it other day.

image.jpeg

Seriously nobody on here has a clue about this? This is the first time i have ever had to install some 3rd party BS to get the clocks i paid for!

omgwtfisgoingon.jpg