GPU for 200$

Hello everyone,
I am going to be building my own PC and, although I've learned a LOT from this place, I'm still very uninformed about GPUs.
I am going to be using Blender3D and UE4 a lot. Maybe I'll also game a little. Do you have any suggestions in regards to VRAM or anything else?
200$ is all I can go for unfortunately.

Thanks in advance guys:)

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Rx 480 is better if you are willing to wait for a little. It will be the best thing for 200 when supply starts to kick up.

If for some reason you just can't wait then try to find a marked down 970 or 390 or a 380/x.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

2 hours ago, Crossbred said:

Rx 480 is better if you are willing to wait for a little. It will be the best thing for 200 when supply starts to kick up.

If for some reason you just can't wait then try to find a marked down 970 or 390 or a 380/x.

That's my thinking as well... Especially with some of the custom board partners. RX 480 4 gigabyte version is around about $200 and the 8 gigabyte version is around $230 to $250... The Sapphire Nitro+ edition is like $270 so if you want to wait and save up your money a bit more then go for that one.

14 hours ago, Crossbred said:

Yup, when the 4gb

Look for a used gtx970 on eBay. (I don't know how trustworthy the platform is in your country. Its superb here in Germany.)

Maybe - if you are lucky - you can even snag a used gtx980 for ~$200.

If you desperately want a new card, just go for the RX480!

the RX 480 4GB should be around the price range of 199USD + 20 to 30 bucks for the ones with better cooling

they are def 1080P gaming cards which have superseded the R9 380/X and R9 390 for lesser power draw and better heat efficiency

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If you can get either a 480 or 1060 at msrp, I say go for it.  However, I'm seeing both cards selling for no less than $300 which is a rip off IMO.

I'm afraid AMD and Nvidia are going to drag this bull crap around as long as they can so they can get rid of last gen stock.

Since the performance of the 970, 980, 1060, 390 and 480 are right around the same corner, you can't go wrong with either of them.

If you must buy new, a 970 or 390 can be found for < $250 at most places after mail in rebate.  Spend the extra money over the 380 and 960.

I know you mentioned $200 is all you can afford.  But trust me, that $50 will mean the difference between satisfaction and regret.

Thanks a lot everyone! I'll be looking into all of your suggestions :)