Overclocking failed, black screen error

Let's start with the PC specs:

Mobo: Asus Z170-K (overclocked memory via XMP and enabled All Core Enhancement, cause my mobo support up to 2133MHz)

CPU: Intel i5 6600K 3.5GHz (overclocked to 3.9 with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

GPU: ATI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8GB

PSU: Corsair RM1000X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz double dimm

Ok, so it's all about a PC that i built two months ago, so it's everything new inside. I had no problems with it until a week ago but last week my PC started crashing unexpectedly. It just went black screen and froze. The only clue i have for the problem, is a screen i will post below together with the bios screen and the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility screen. So that overclocking failed error came up at the PC boot. Then it started normally and then when it logged into Windows it went black screen again. Ever since it just goes black and freezes sometimes in less than 5 minutes after boot, and sometimes up to half an hour. Then, at one time it went black and it wouldn't start no matter what.

I searched in forums for solutions, and tried everything i found, but my PC would not start. I did countless of restarts in hopes of a successful boot. The screen would show nothing. I unplugged all the PSU cables and replugged them, tried to start the PC without a GPU, tried to start without a GPU and RAM, reset the bios by removing the CMOS battery and shorting the two pins, nothing worked. Then i tried just taking off one of the RAM dimms. And it started. The PC started, but again showed me the overclocking failed screen before booting. The thing is the black screen came again.

I tried running a memory diagnostics with the windows tool, but my dimms have no faults. I tried all different combinations with the dims and the mobo slots, one dimm on each slot, two dimms an different positions, disabling the XMP, nothing. My PC went back to a permanent black screen. I removed the dimms countless times, removed the GPU a couple of times, did countless of restarts again for hours, but the screen is still black. I will not remove any hardware again, because i am worried i may brake something after all these removals. My previous PC built (2010-2016) crashed on every windows startup for all these years. I don't want my new PC to do the same until my next PC built. I am desperately asking someone for help, because i've ran out of ideas.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Just do all OC through the BIOS. XTU is fine for small tweaks but you really should get to know the BIOS.

Could be a setting that ended up being incompatible that's all. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, Joeotinaeinai said:

Let's start with the PC specs:

Mobo: Asus Z170-K (overclocked memory via XMP and enabled All Core Enhancement, cause my mobo support up to 2133MHz)

CPU: Intel i5 6600K 3.5GHz (overclocked to 3.9 with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

GPU: ATI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8GB

PSU: Corsair RM1000X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz double dimm

Ok, so it's all about a PC that i built two months ago, so it's everything new inside. I had no problems with it until a week ago but last week my PC started crashing unexpectedly. It just went black screen and froze. The only clue i have for the problem, is a screen i will post below together with the bios screen and the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility screen. So that overclocking failed error came up at the PC boot. Then it started normally and then when it logged into Windows it went black screen again. Ever since it just goes black and freezes sometimes in less than 5 minutes after boot, and sometimes up to half an hour. Then, at one time it went black and it wouldn't start no matter what.

I searched in forums for solutions, and tried everything i found, but my PC would not start. I did countless of restarts in hopes of a successful boot. The screen would show nothing. I unplugged all the PSU cables and replugged them, tried to start the PC without a GPU, tried to start without a GPU and RAM, reset the bios by removing the CMOS battery and shorting the two pins, nothing worked. Then i tried just taking off one of the RAM dimms. And it started. The PC started, but again showed me the overclocking failed screen before booting. The thing is the black screen came again.

I tried running a memory diagnostics with the windows tool, but my dimms have no faults. I tried all different combinations with the dims and the mobo slots, one dimm on each slot, two dimms an different positions, disabling the XMP, nothing. My PC went back to a permanent black screen. I removed the dimms countless times, removed the GPU a couple of times, did countless of restarts again for hours, but the screen is still black. I will not remove any hardware again, because i am worried i may brake something after all these removals. My previous PC built (2010-2016) crashed on every windows startup for all these years. I don't want my new PC to do the same until my next PC built. I am desperately asking someone for help, because i've ran out of ideas

Reset your CMOS and you should be fine

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

11 minutes ago, Joeotinaeinai said:

snip

In most cases a reset of your CMOS would help, in others there could be some static electricity between the components showing you this issue. Check your BIOS configurations and see if most relevant entries are set in AUTO config.

Other than that, i do not see any overclocking done on this build other than than the RAM, so i did some search on the subject and found that this is a very common error for ASUS motherboards, so i found some steps to follow and see if this fixes anything: http://sanuja.com/blog/how-to-fix-overclocking-failed-error But i personally cannot guarantee that this will work... so follow them at your own risk.

Other than that, instead of pulling out parts to see if anything else would work, from personal experience and some deduction, this issue could be strictly connected to the RAM sticks.