Monitor Buying Advice

Centurius

Hey all,

For the past year I've been rocking a fairly old 27 inch 1080p monitor(inherited it from my dad, used a 24 inch before) which sadly is showing signs of dying(black flashes every once in a while). To get a replacement before it dies completely I've been looking at various monitors at the same size in 1440p primarily on a budget. This got me to the AOC Q2778VQE which is 1440p60 with a <5ms TN panel for €279. Some further looking in the price comparisons also showed me the Acer B276HKA which is at 4k60(I assume it's 60 Hz, I couldn't find it specified on the official page or the store pages) with an IPS panel for €369 and the AOC U2879VF which is also 4k60 on a 28 inch TN panel for €379

I am a bit tight on cash right now(didn't anticipate a new monitor being needed so soon) and the 4k options are already stretching the possibilities somewhat however the original plan was to upgrade in a year to a high end gpu and a 4k monitor anyway and I feel going 1440p now could be a waste of money in that. As such my question is whether it would be wiser to go with the 4k option or if sticking with 1440p will be good enough and if I might have missed a good alternative in the under €400 price range for the Netherlands. I do game, but seeing as I'm on a 780 for now I likely will need to use a lower resolution for most of the games anyway for good quality until I upgrade to the new GPU. Besides that I do some work in Photoshop and use my pc for almost all movies and shows. I don't do any competitive gaming and am fine with 60Hz. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 minute ago, Centurius said:

Hey all,

For the past year I've been rocking a fairly old 27 inch 1080p monitor(inherited it from my dad, used a 24 inch before) which sadly is showing signs of dying(black flashes every once in a while). To get a replacement before it dies completely I've been looking at various monitors at the same size in 1440p primarily on a budget. This got me to the AOC Q2778VQE which is 1440p60 with a <5ms TN panel for €279. Some further looking in the price comparisons also showed me the Acer B276HKA which is at 4k60(I assume it's 60 Hz, I couldn't find it specified on the official page or the store pages) with an IPS panel for €369 and the AOC U2879VF which is also 4k60 on a 28 inch TN panel for €379

I am a bit tight on cash right now(didn't anticipate a new monitor being needed so soon) and the 4k options are already stretching the possibilities somewhat however the original plan was to upgrade in a year to a high end gpu and a 4k monitor anyway and I feel going 1440p now could be a waste of money in that. As such my question is whether it would be wiser to go with the 4k option or if sticking with 1440p will be good enough and if I might have missed a good alternative in the under €400 price range for the Netherlands. I do game, but seeing as I'm on a 780 for now I likely will need to use a lower resolution for most of the games anyway for good quality until I upgrade to the new GPU. Besides that I do some work in Photoshop and use my pc for almost all movies and shows. I don't do any competitive gaming and am fine with 60Hz. 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Yo man, Ik heb de asus vg248qe (beste gaming monitor 1ms 144 hz FULLLHDDDD 1080p) met een ultra qualitijd, crosshair en meer settings.)  miss wat voo jou?

My main rig  Shardsedge

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build is made for video editing, Gaming and livestreaming.

probably 65% of this build has been bought used.

• Specifications:

CPU  AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU  Sapphire RX 580 PULSE 4GB

SSD ✦ Toshiba TR200 240GB

HDD ✦ WD Black 160GB 2.5" + WD BLUE 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair RM750X

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 3000Mhz

CASE ✦ Corsair Crystal 460X

MOBO MSI X370 SLI Plus

My old pc build  Smoke

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build was made for gaming especially, it was my second build.

i had some struggles livestreaming on it because the CPU just wasn't good enough for that.

(I do not have this build anymore)

• Specifications:

CPU ✦ Intel i5 6500

GPU  Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 4G D5

SSD ✦ Kingston SSDNow v300 120GB

HDD ✦ WD Blue 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair CX450M

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 2400Mhz

CASE ✦ Sharkoon S25-V

MOBO ✦ MSI H110M ECO

7 minutes ago, Wolfiowww said:

Yo man, Ik heb de asus vg248qe (beste gaming monitor 1ms 144 hz FULLLHDDDD 1080p) met een ultra qualitijd, crosshair en meer settings.)  miss wat voo jou?

Hey thanks for the advice, I've kind of gotten used to 27 inch right now so going back to 24 is not ideal. Ideally I'd also like to move away from 1080p and 60Hz is fine for me so I fear it won't quite be a good fit :)

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W