HELP my asus motherboard is dead! i think?

hi guys i have been having some troubles with my asus P5Kpl-CM mobo

when i plug the power in the little green led on the motherboard comes on to show that theirs power

but then i press the power button nothing happens theirs no noises or flashes nothing!

i have tried other lga775 cpus that i have lying around, atm its got a Pentium 4 in it and i believe that this motherboard supports most if not all of the socket lga775 cpus (except the zeons i think)

can someone please help me i need this PC to run asap!

Do you happen to have a motherboard speaker somewhere that you could plug into your motherboard to listen for error codes? Also make sure you're lugging every power connector into the motherboard.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

yeah the mobo is in a case atm and has a speaker hooked up buo the fans dont spin and theres no noises at all

i have got both the 4 pin and 20+4 pin power connectors going to the mobo

thanks for replying! :) 

It could be faulty case wiring. when you press the power button on your case, it sends a signal to the power activation on your motherboard. Try to bypass that to determine its definitely a component issue.

yeah well i have been useing a flat-head screwdriver to bridge the connections its an old trick that i use on other mothboards as well

I would start with the power.  That extra 4 pin connector will stop a computer dead if it isn't in correctly or that cable is kaput.

I would see if you can try another power supply with it first.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

i have tryied other psu's and i get the same result

:(