High Idle temps GTX 1070

3 minutes ago, SomePurpleRandom said:

all the load temperatures on all my hardware was normal never thermal throttling

what was the idle temps of your gpu in the sensor section of aida64 

1 minute ago, failblox said:

I still can't see the frequency of your GPU. If you download the program GPU-Z, it will give me a much more comprehensive overview of what's going on with your graphics card. Honestly this temperature is good enough for an idle temp IMO. It's the load temperatures that's important. If you're uncomfortable with the current idle temps you have and you'd like to get them lower, set up a custom fan profile that never turns the fans off.

this is at idle. the load temperatures are ok ranging from 63c to 71C. Im just not comfortable with idle because im sure they should be a lot lower but ill make a custom fan profile that wont turn them off

ss+(2016-07-29+at+05.34.31).png

"The best chapter of Naruto is when Goku helps Pikachu to prevent Spider-Man to drown at the Titanic." 
"I have a fear that one day when I attempt to take a shit, the shit will take me instead." 
"You wouldn't have won, if I hadn't loss, man."     "If you give a man an apple it'll keep the doctor away, but if you teach a man to apple he becomes a doctor for life" 

3 minutes ago, SomePurpleRandom said:

1238334d39.png

thats not gpu z

even better download msi afterburner and post the full screen shot of the graph remove all the voltage crap vrm thermal limits just temps fans and clocks core and mem .

for the post you just did when i was typing this . if you have your monitor attached to the gpu it is always doing something the high the res for the monitor or the more of them the faster it climbs at idle. anything that renders on the screen will make it rise in temps if the gpu is idleing at 60c thats fine  but if you have the fans at 100% and you got nothing on i mean a blank desktop and nothing in the background  then you can have a problem

gpu-z

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Just now, Lotfi said:

what was the idle temps of your gpu in the sensor section of aida64 

54c

"The best chapter of Naruto is when Goku helps Pikachu to prevent Spider-Man to drown at the Titanic." 
"I have a fear that one day when I attempt to take a shit, the shit will take me instead." 
"You wouldn't have won, if I hadn't loss, man."     "If you give a man an apple it'll keep the doctor away, but if you teach a man to apple he becomes a doctor for life" 

1 minute ago, SomePurpleRandom said:

54c

also my friend who also has a 1070 his idle temps are at 40c and his card underclocks to 1100 at idle

Just now, SomePurpleRandom said:

this is at idle. the load temperatures are ok ranging from 63c to 71C. Im just not comfortable with idle because im sure they should be a lot lower but ill make a custom fan profile that wont turn them off

ss+(2016-07-29+at+05.34.31).png

Your GPU core and memory clocks should not be that high under load. Is there any possible application that could be causing it to rise up that high? It seems like a really unusual problem, and I'd require a much more intricate understanding of your setup in order to diagnose that problem. I recommend calling customer support to mention the high clock speeds to them.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

you do realize that this is a gtx 1070 where the base clocks are at 1.5-1.6ghz and the overclocks are at 2-2.1ghz

1 minute ago, SomePurpleRandom said:

54c

listen buddy i think that should be fine don't worry about this 

and if you're not relaxed to this so just contact asus about the idle gpu temps of yuor gpu 

but overall 54c is not that bad temps it shouldn't do any damage to your gpu ;) 

me too i'm getting the same temps on my gpu here's are my aida64 results 

IMG_20160730_014141.jpg

6 minutes ago, SomePurpleRandom said:

also my friend who also has a 1070 his idle temps are at 40c and his card underclocks to 1100 at idle

so it's normal to have 54 c at your gpu :) 

• 1 month later...

Hi, my 1070 idles at 54c (the same as OP) and I believe its because of my gsync monitor which is set to 165Hz (although I've not tested it at lower refresh).

On 7/29/2016 at 8:38 PM, SomePurpleRandom said:

raise the fan curve in msi afterburner your running at stock at 50c-60c the fans turn on if you set the fans to 40% at 40c ish the card never goes over 40c at idle

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS