MAC OS on live USB

Carlos1010
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
Just now, Carlos1010 said:

THAT MAKES SENSE LOL. Also do you need a disk file for windows virtual machine and linux? Thanks for all your responses!

Yes, you do.

Hi all,

Is there a way to get a live version of MAC OS and put it on a USB? Or at least is there any virtual machines that are free that run on MAC OS? Thanks in advanced!

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

VirtualBox would run Mac OS, but you will need a disk image for the operating system.

Just now, spidsepttk said:

VirtualBox would run Mac OS, but you will need a disk image for the operating system.

What's a disk image? Also thanks for your response!

The .iso file (that is the OS installer disc) that you can only get from the Mac App Store or torrent sites. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The .iso (or .dmg for mac) file with the OS. You can not use a live image for mac, but you can get a vm of the normal version.

Just now, spidsepttk said:

The .iso (or .dmg for mac) file with the OS. You can not use a live image for mac, but you can get a vm of the normal version.

So what do you refer to with the "normal version" are there things you can't access without the disk image. And also when you download the disk image how do you pair it with the virtual machine?

So what do you refer to with the "normal version" are there things you can't access without the disk image. And also when you download the disk image how do you pair it with the virtual machine?

The disk image is the operating system. It extracts to a virtual hard drive created by the vm. It is required.

5 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

The disk image is the operating system. It extracts to a virtual hard drive created by the vm. It is required.

I quite don't get it. So lets say you downloaded the disk image and then what o you do? Right click extract to.... virtual machine? Or do you just open the disk image and it open the OS in the virtual machine?

5 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

I quite don't get it. So lets say you downloaded the disk image and then what o you do? Right click extract to.... virtual machine? Or do you just open the disk image and it open the OS in the virtual machine?

When you create the virtual machine you select the disk image file.

1 minute ago, spidsepttk said:

When you create the virtual machine you select the disk image file.

THAT MAKES SENSE LOL. Also do you need a disk file for windows virtual machine and linux? Thanks for all your responses!

Yes, you do.