Hello guys,

I just bought a new PC, installed everything and what I have left is 24 pin and 4 pin cpu power. Neither will latch properly, I can't hear the clicking noise no matter how hard I push, tried some significant force and then stopped in fear of breaking the motherboard. Is it safe to turn on pc even though it didn't click? What should I do ? Also when I was connecting from case to motherboard, I am kidna short on connectors is that ok? As far as connector goes I connected one called PLED and i still have pwr led what is the difference? Btw I can't understand the 4 pin cpu power the latch thingi is looking toward psu, but on mobo 1 is written looking towards cpu so where should I turn connector to?

Motherboard is H110M-DS2 from Gigabyte

PSU is BFG LS 550, btw psu isn't new, connector latched on previous motherboard.

konektori.jpg

24_pin.jpg

4pin.jpg

The worst thing that will happen if you try to boot it is that it will not turn on, but will not damage anything.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

I have been building PCs since the early nineties and i have heard this "click" like 4 times. What you have to make sure is that the clasp on the 24 and 8 pin male is over the female and then give a slight tug to ensure it is properly clasped, the "click" noise is not a big issue.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I never had a click noise. All I did was make sure its all the way in.

9 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I have been building PCs since the early nineties and i have heard this "click" like 4 times. What you have to make sure is that the clasp on the 24 and 8 pin male is over the female and then give a slight tug to ensure it is properly clasped, the "click" noise is not a big issue.

Well it seems firm, can't be moved without pressing the latch, 4 ping might even be stuck xD. Sooo what about the left connectors from case to motherboard is it ok without them? I kinda wanna try and boot... nothing bad can happen?

4 minutes ago, MistSaint said:

Well it seems firm, can't be moved without pressing the latch, 4 ping might even be stuck xD. Sooo what about the left connectors from case to motherboard is it ok without them? I kinda wanna try and boot... nothing bad can happen?

The 24pin looks good IMO. I can't really assess the 8 pin because of the angle of the picture and the front panel connectors look good to and those are never really firmly in place, they tend to have some play in them and can easily pop out by your hand or snagging on them. Now if the front panel connectors are on the wrong pins then that is a whole other issue but the worst that will happen is that it won't boot or the reset button won't work.

8 minutes ago, MistSaint said:

The other connectors look to be for the speaker and power led, it is alright to boot without those.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

The only  way to know is to test it.

41 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The 24pin looks good IMO. I can't really assess the 8 pin because of the angle of the picture and the front panel connectors look good to and those are never really firmly in place, they tend to have some play in them and can easily pop out by your hand or snagging on them. Now if the front panel connectors are on the wrong pins then that is a whole other issue but the worst that will happen is that it won't boot or the reset button won't work.

Well it booted up, but it has some kind ofa windows issue.. I went trough system restore and some automatic repair and that issue remains still. But i get it up and running fans spinning... should I just reinstall windows or is something else causing it ?

1 hour ago, SLAYR said:

The other connectors look to be for the speaker and power led, it is alright to boot without those.

Well it booted up, but windows isn't working. When I attempted to reinstall it it writes down i miss some drivers. Never had issue with that before, I just plug in usb and it works, but this time it won't start, just gives me missing drivers message.

35 minutes ago, MistSaint said:

Well it booted up, but it has some kind ofa windows issue.. I went trough system restore and some automatic repair and that issue remains still. But i get it up and running fans spinning... should I just reinstall windows or is something else causing it ?

Once you don't have any data you want, then Yes, reinstall windows, otherwise i would do the restore then take off the data you want the reinstall windows. Oh make sure you have all the drivers for your OS.

10 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Once you don't have any data you want, then Yes, reinstall windows, otherwise i would do the restore then take off the data you want the reinstall windows. Oh make sure you have all the drivers for your OS.

Is there any way you can point me in the right direction for drivers... I downloaded bunch of stuff from gigabyte site, extracted from .rar and windows still doesn't recognize them. Like I said my board is H110 DS2 DDR4, Intel i3 6100, Kingston 2133MHz RAM... hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, MistSaint said:

Is there any way you can point me in the right direction for drivers... I downloaded bunch of stuff from gigabyte site, extracted from .rar and windows still doesn't recognize them. Like I said my board is H110 DS2 DDR4, Intel i3 6100, Kingston 2133MHz RAM... hope that helps.

DL driver here just choose the OS from the drop down box and then DL all the drivers for that OS. Make sure you know that if you decide to change from OS to OS you need the drivers for that OS as well. Do not have them just all over, categorize the drivers by type and then OS version to avoid mix ups.

As you are using one of the newer Intel CPUs i would advise you check your present BIOS version and if it isn't version F5 then you should update the motherboard's BIOS as well, unless you have done so already. The BIOS DL page can be found here.

22 minutes ago, Leonard said:

DL driver here just choose the OS from the drop down box and then DL all the drivers for that OS. Make sure you know that if you decide to change from OS to OS you need the drivers for that OS as well. Do not have them just all over, categorize the drivers by type and then OS version to avoid mix ups.

As you are using one of the newer Intel CPUs i would advise you check your present BIOS version and if it isn't version F5 then you should update the motherboard's BIOS as well, unless you have done so already. The BIOS DL page can be found here.

Thanks a lot, I would be lost without your help... but again windows doesn't recognize drivers. I gues I'll borrow dvd drive from someone and use disc that came with mobo.

28 minutes ago, MistSaint said:

Thanks a lot, I would be lost without your help... but again windows doesn't recognize drivers. I gues I'll borrow dvd drive from someone and use disc that came with mobo.

Are you sure you are using the compatible drivers for the OS you are using, e.g. Win7 drivers for Win7 OS or Win 10 drivers for Win10 OS? Make sure to start with the Chipset drivers first when installing motherboard drivers.