Looking for a PSU pro!

These are the current parts that I have.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/XtY27h

What would be a sufficient PSU that would last me if I at anytime wanted to switch out my GPU for a 1060.

Thank you very much for your advice, recommendations, and help!

What is your budget? There are many low end PSU's that would suit your needs, but the more you can afford to invest in a PSU, typically the better off you will be.

That is a great power supply, and is honestly a bit overkill for your system. HOWEVER. Overkill is a very good thing to have when it comes to a PSU. If you can afford that PSU, then its a worthwhile investment. You could save a couple bucks for something worse, but its not something I would advise unless you absolutely needed to save the cash.

Just now, Zyndo said:

That is a great power supply, and is honestly a bit overkill for your system. HOWEVER. Overkill is a very good thing to have when it comes to a PSU. If you can afford that PSU, then its a worthwhile investment. You could save a couple bucks for something worse, but its not something I would advise unless you absolutely needed to save the cash.

And just to make sure, if I dropped a 1060 in my PCpartpicker list the next day, the PSU would still be an over kill :D??

You're in the right wattage area, but its a fairly high quality PSU. You could maybe save 10-15 bucks if you ABSOLUTELY needed to save the 10-15 bucks and get a cheaper PSU, but again its not recommended since its going to drop the quality, and the further down the quality of your PSU goes, the more problems you open yourself up to. this PSU is a worthy investment for any computer.

4 minutes ago, Echolens said:

And just to make sure, if I dropped a 1060 in my PCpartpicker list the next day, the PSU would still be an over kill :D??

Yea, 550W is more than enough for a single GPU setup.

Alright cool! Thanks everyone for your help! I hope you guys continue with your help because it's awesome.

Wish you guys a good night!

xD

9 hours ago, Echolens said:

These are the current parts that I have.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/XtY27h

What would be a sufficient PSU that would last me if I at anytime wanted to switch out my GPU for a 1060.

Thank you very much for your advice, recommendations, and help!

Did you buy the V300 already? It's a really, really bad SSD due to the NAND they used in it and some have it, some don't, but either way they're really slow for an SSD. A PNY CS1311 is cheaper and would perform far better if you can send yours back or not buy one.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||