Can I use this 2 Different Displays for a R9 280X?

Go to solution Solved by ClobberXD,
1 minute ago, Francisco Collado said:

Sorry, that was my bad. And yes. I just want to know If I can connect the DVI-D display to this port. Also, I want to know if I can connect any DVI-D screen.

I'm not able to understand what you're asking, but I'll continue-

• You have DVI-D and DVI-I ports on your GPU.
  • DVI-D can carry only digital signals (for newer displays)
  • DVI-I can carry both analog and digital signals (for new / old displays)
  • This means that you can connect your first display using adapters to any DVI port (as both can carry digital signals and are physically the same).
  • And you can directly connect your second display to the other DVI port.

Hi, I have 2 different displays I am planning to use for my Asus R9 280x Matrix Platinum.

One Display is a Samsung S22d300 VGA only: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LS22D3... (this is my current display)

And the other Display is a Samsung Syncmaster 2233 (VGA/HDMI-D): http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-2233sw/... (This is the screen I want to buy)

Here in my country is hard to find HDMI compatible screens, so I don't have many options to choose

Also, one of my screens is connected to the video card using a VGA-HDMI adapter, the rest of the ports for the video card are not usable for this adapter.

Thanks,
Francisco Collado

38 minutes ago, Francisco Collado said:

Hi, I have 2 different displays I am planning to use for my Asus R9 280x Matrix Platinum.

One Display is a Samsung S22d300 VGA only: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LS22D3... (this is my current display)

And the other Display is a Samsung Syncmaster 2233 (VGA/HDMI-D): http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-2233sw/... (This is the screen I want to buy)

Here in my country is hard to find HDMI compatible screens, so I don't have many options to choose

Also, one of my screens is connected to the video card using a VGA-HDMI adapter, the rest of the ports for the video card are not usable for this adapter.

Thanks,
Francisco Collado

The second monitor is DVI-D. What graphics card do you have?

Nothing to see here ;)

Just now, Anand_Geforce said:

The second monitor is DVI-D. What graphics card do you have?

I have an  Asus R9 280x Matrix Platinum

Asus R9 280x Matrix Platinum

You've apparently connected VGA-HDMI adapter to HDMI-DVI adapter that came with the Graphics card itself right? You will be having another DVI port to which you can connect your second display (which is DVI not HDMI).

Nothing to see here ;)

Just now, Anand_Geforce said:

You've apparently connected VGA-HDMI adapter to HDMI-DVI adapter that came with the Graphics card itself right? You will be having another DVI port to which you can connect your second display (which is DVI not HDMI).

Sorry, that was my bad. And yes. I just want to know If I can connect the DVI-D display to this port. Also, I want to know if I can connect any DVI-D screen.

I'm not able to understand what you're asking, but I'll continue-

• You have DVI-D and DVI-I ports on your GPU.
  • DVI-D can carry only digital signals (for newer displays)
  • DVI-I can carry both analog and digital signals (for new / old displays)
  • This means that you can connect your first display using adapters to any DVI port (as both can carry digital signals and are physically the same).
  • And you can directly connect your second display to the other DVI port.

Nothing to see here ;)