My Thrustmaster Wheel Broke :(

byalexandr

I was racing around like I normally do, with my wheel well clamped to my desk. All of a sudden I hear a loud pop, almost a bang, and the clamp the screws into the wheel to hold it on the desk falls to the floor and the wheel comes loose from my desk. I investigate further to find that the threaded metal portion on the wheel base has broken off, and that something else inside the unit is rattling around as well.

I contacted Thrustmaster through their email service, and I also tried calling them through their US number, but they appear to be closed right now. I still have the receipt (I got it at Micro Center) but it's been well over 30 days by now and I'm not sure Micro Center can help me.

Any help? I feel really sad right now, I paid $200 for this and I've only had it for a little over a month. :(

No idea. You could try to manually fix it (With Risks OF Course), but that risks the probability of a product being unable to be returned. Your best bet is to ask them about it at the micro center, and start shopping at Fry's. There much better IMO then Micro Center (Frys Does Sell Returned Products That are proven to work though, so I'd have one of the employees open up the box at the store and let you inspect for anything broken or missing. My Rule-Of-Thumb is if its labeled as returned, and if its above 30 USD, don't buy it.).

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man