GeForce 980ti Dual Monitor issues

Totalrecall

Ok, So I just finished building my new PC and I went with a single 980ti GPU.  I also have 2 monitors that I am trying to get to work with the card......I had them working just fine with a DVI (Monitor 1) and HDMI (Monitor 2). I just got 2x displayport cables and hooked them up using 2 of the 3 DP on the back of the 980.....problem is it is only detecting 1 monitor.....

Details:

Windows 7 Pro (64bit)

Intel i7-6700k @ 4.0 GHz

32GB Ram

Asus Strix Nvidia GeForce 980ti

Asus Maximus viii Formula MB

All drivers and currently up to date.  yes there is power to both the monitors, yes both monitors are set the DP input. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

Unplug one monitor, see if the other comes alive.

You said you're using 2 of the 3 ports, try each port individually and see what happens.

Depending on those results, you may want to use DDU to uninstall your Graphics driver and re-install it.

Did you try switching the non working DP cable to the unused DP port on the 980 Ti? If so try unplugging the other cable and only having the currently non working monitor plugged in so the issue can be further assessed. If neither works, you should try something like driver sweeper to clean reinstall the drivers or try an earlier driver version. 

you guys are the best damn thing since sliced bread, I owe you both a cold one.  Wiped the drivers and reinstalled them, bam, up and running!!!