Boot/overclock problems after RAM upgrade

Hi, so I recently bought a new pair of RAM sticks to add to the ones I already had installed (I had 2x4GB, now I have 4x4GB). They are not exactly the same but the computer-parts-store-guy told me that there should be no problems, and they are pretty similar:

-("old") Corsair XMS3 Vengeance DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)

-(new) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 LP 2x4GB (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)

So you might see they are pretty similar (same speed and class, CAS latency, size, same company, I mean the only thing that differs them exept for apperance is the "B" in the end of the product number). So I thought I simply had to put them in, and thats it, right?

Full system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX6350 + Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 windforce 2GB

RAM: see above

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W (can be the 850W one not 100% sure, will update)

OS disk: Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE120 120GB

--non important--

There is also a 1TB Segate barracuda HDD

Everything packed in a Fractal design R4 with 3 Fans

Here is when the problem starts: After installation of the new RAM sticks I Get into BIOS and check that everything looks fine, and it does, everything is as I left it and the system memory shows the correct 16 gigs. How ever when I try to boot into windows some kind of Windows repair thing comes up and tells me something along the lines of "boot failed, repair failed or needs the insert installation disk or USB key" and some options to get to the windows boot menu. I restart the PC (not following what the text on the blue background is telling me, get into BIOS and reset to default and boom - the pc boots just fine. In windows nothing seems to be wrong, the built in "troubleshooter" nor sfc /scannow nor bitdefenders registry scan thing manage to find any problems, and the same goes for me. All 16 gigs of ram are visible and usable.

So the thing is I had a pretty nice OC on the CPU (4.5 GHz, +0.075 V, stable max measured temp 60 ° C (with both prime 95 and furmark running so some heat from GPU gets to the CPU cause no rear exhaust GPU; prime95 only max temp 53 ° C) The ram ran in XMP mode so that they would reach their rated speed of 1600MHz (they default to 1334MHz). I've had no system or program crashes (that could be blamed on the OC) since the first successful stress test.

Now I've only managed to boot with no OC (default settings in BIOS) and XMP disabled. No OC and XMP did crash. Haven't tried OC and no XMP, it just hit me so I'll try it soon. Not having my OC does not make me happy.

My original (OC) settings: (please comment if you see something you would have differently, even non problem related)

Spoiler

--CPU settings--

BLC Clock =200MHz (value not touched, changed from auto)

CPU Northbridge = 2200MHz (value not touched, changed from auto)

HT Link = 2400MHz (value not touched, changed from auto)

CPU Clock Ratio 22.5 (base value of 19.5)

--RAM settings--

XMP enabled Sysmemory multiplier becomes 8 (base value 6.67)

all else is  at default values

--Advanced frequency settings--

Core performance boost = auto

CPB ratio = 22.5

CPU unlock = enabled

Cool & Quiet = disabled

C1E support = disabled

SVM = enabled

CPU core control = automat..

Core C6 state = disabled

HPC = enabled

--Advanced Voltage settings--

CPU core +0.075V

Everything else at auto (ram voltages not touched)

--Other (forgot settings name)--

OS type = win 8

boot mode is UEFI

Everything I haven't mentioned is at default values, however mentioned values can be defaults.

So my questions are: Is this to be expected when more RAM is added? Is there something wrong with having non-identical RAM sticks/my BIOS settings/other? How should I "combat" this? Should I return the RAM sticks and get identical? Or? Something else? Please help!

General tips regarding my hardware or BIOS settings are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance /Rinkana

(Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, new to this forum..)

There could very well be something wrong with the non identical RAM. However, assuming there isn't you could be having issues with under volting your CPU. Try turning the voltage up a bit and continually restarting until you get to about 1.45v. Once you get to there stop because you're getting too high for standard coolers. If nothing works reply and I'll see if I can think of something else. 

Alright I just tested to boot my pc on my previous OC settings except with XMP disabled and it booted just fine, which makes me even more sceptical to the new ram sticks.

I also have to correct myself on some of the information I have given:

Under Advanced frequency settings (my boot settings) CPU unlock should be = disabled

Also the UEFI thing is actually "UEFI and LEGACY"

19 minutes ago, Scdouglas said:

There could very well be something wrong with the non identical RAM. However, assuming there isn't you could be having issues with under volting your CPU. Try turning the voltage up a bit and continually restarting until you get to about 1.45v. Once you get to there stop because you're getting too high for standard coolers. If nothing works reply and I'll see if I can think of something else. 

Thanks for the reply, I'll try just because I can, but since I just successfully booted with the "old" overclock -XMP I doubt that it will be on that end..