First Timer

gamerxxl12

Hey all, I'm planing on jail breaking my iPad mini and I was wondering if there is any "Risks" and what are the advantages and disadvantages of jail breaking.

-Thanks

CPUi5 4670K Cooler: ThermalTake Frio MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RamRed Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 Gb 1866Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CUII CaseEnermax Red Ostrog GT Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 Gb, HDD- 500 GB Seagate PSUSeasonic X660 (80+ Gold Certified)

Risks: None, if you have a touch of common sense and can follow instructions to the letter.

Advantages: Don't make me write an essay

Disadvantages: None that come to mind

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

The true disadvantage with jailbreaking is a decrease in performance. Or at least that is what I have observed from jailbreaking iPod Touches.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Ipad mini can't be hard bricked by jailbreaking. if it gets bricked you can just flash it again

4.2GHZ VALIDATIONGALLERYMost expensive software you own (clicky thread)

Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHZ @3.3ghz(4C),Asus P7H55/USB3,Antec TP550 80+bronze,Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC@955/2120 1050MV,windows 3.1,8GB DDR3 1333MHZ @~1450mhz,,500gb hdd, 160gb 

`

The true disadvantage with jailbreaking is a decrease in performance. Or at least that is what I have observed from jailbreaking iPod Touches.

How? This makes no sense. 

If you follow the instructions to jailbreaking properly you shouldn't have any problems. They get easier to jailbreak each iteration. Once you jailbreak, you will have a whole new world open to you. There aren't any disadvantages that I can think of to jailbreaking. 

Btw if you are planning on doing it now, have you checked whether you are able to jailbreak now. You can jailbreak devices that are on ios 6.0 to 6.1.2. 

Have fun jailbreaking :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

How? This makes no sense. 

I said that the disadvantage to jailbreaking is that it may/will have an impact on performance. This is from my experience jailbreaking an iPod Touch 4G.

It made a pretty good amount of sense.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

An apple product without a jailbreak is worthless.

Jailbreaking obviously let's you tweak the OS and customize your device the way you like.

The performance will get worse though. I had an iPhone 3 GS and i loaded like 20+ tweaks into it. Apple missed out on so many essential features, even today so you basically can't stop tweaking once you jailbroke your device. :D The little tiny tony CPUs of apple's devices can't handle that extra load, so yeah... Also your RAM will be constantly full once you aquired a hand full of tweaks.

who cares...

i never understood why JBing slows down a device

personally ive never noticed it but i did notice it on other devices

ive read that some Jailbreakers dont implement their JB utility well "bugs"

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I said that the disadvantage to jailbreaking is that it may/will have an impact on performance. This is from my experience jailbreaking an iPod Touch 4G.

It made a pretty good amount of sense.

Actually, It doesn't make sense. I have jailbroken 2 ipods and an iphone and I immediately found they booted faster, loaded web pages faster and even some apps. I assume because you are removing / disabling certain software on the phone. I do find it strange that your ipod touch got slower after jail breaking... unless the device can detect a jailbreak and throttle the phone or the jailbreak was just poorly ritten... 

This is the same for android roms. Most custom roms are faster then stock roms because they remove bloatware and optimize the OS / kernel. 

Actually, It doesn't make sense. I have jailbroken 2 ipods and an iphone and I immediately found they booted faster, loaded web pages faster and even some apps. I assume because you are removing / disabling certain software on the phone. I do find it strange that your ipod touch got slower after jail breaking... unless the device can detect a jailbreak and throttle the phone or the jailbreak was just poorly ritten... 

This is the same for android roms. Most custom roms are faster then stock roms because they remove bloatware and optimize the OS / kernel. 

It's not strange at all, you're installing additional tweaks onto the phone which will eventually affect its performance. When I had a jailbroken iPhone, I didn't install a lot of tweaks so I never suffered from considerable slow down.

I've read removing launch daemons will improve performance, but I never tried it so I can't comment on it. As far as I'm aware, a standard jailbreak does not disable anything to increase performance.

CM 690 II Lite | Crucial M4 128GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda Intel i5 2500k @ stock | Sapphire HD 7950 3GB Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Corsair TX650 V2 

Windows 8 Professional 64bit