How To set Temp limit?

MiketheGingerGuy

So I've been trying to play a cracked version of Fallout 4 and Subnautica recently. Whenever I play out of nowhere my computer shuts off, like if I were to shut off the Psu while it was on or if it overheated (both are not the case).

and when ever it does even in lowest settings with a Gpu-z window up nothing is wrong with my temps clock or fan speed when it shuts off. My temps were not higher than 60 C .

4 minutes ago, Ichi said:

Which PSU you're using now?

im using an CX550m

1 minute ago, MiketheGingerGuy said:

im using an CX550m

That should be fine.

Does it only occurs when you're playing the game?

Just now, Ichi said:

That should be fine.

Does it only occurs when you're playing the game?

no, it just lets me load the game and 2 minutes later my whole computer shuts off

11 minutes ago, MiketheGingerGuy said:

So I've been trying to play a cracked version of Fallout 4 and Subnautica recently. Whenever I play out of nowhere my computer shuts off, like if I were to shut off the Psu while it was on or if it overheated (both are not the case).

and when ever it does even in lowest settings with a Gpu-z window up nothing is wrong with my temps clock or fan speed when it shuts off. My temps were not higher than 60 C .

What temp limit are you trying to set?

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

What temp limit are you trying to set?

well it seems than whenever it goes above 60 degrees its shuts off completly, so to answer your question it would be 90  when i want it to shut off

Just now, done12many2 said:

What components in your PC are overclocked?

I only have my Gpu at a 10% OC 1,116.5 Mhz and a added power limit of 4% ( + 11 watts ).

Just now, MiketheGingerGuy said:

I only have my Gpu at a 10% OC 1,116.5 Mhz and a added power limit of 4% ( + 11 watts ).

What happens when you remove the overclock from the GPU?

Same Thing.

Same Thing.

1 minute ago, MiketheGingerGuy said:

Same Thing.

Have you tested your PC to make sure it was stable?  If so, how did you test it?

Have you tested your PC to make sure it was stable?  If so, how did you test it?

I didn't do any synthetic tests other than firestrike. And yes it was stable for that test, and in other games my pc works fine.

At this point, something isn't stable or it wouldn't be happening.  If the actual problem was your "cracked" games, you'd more than likely experience blue screens vice immediate shut downs.

Shut downs like your are experiencing usually occur from CPU related issues such as pushing CPU or CPU cache too hard.

More than likely your CPU isn't actually pushed very hard until you play those particular games, which goes back to stability.

You can pass a synthetic test without actually being stable.  Often times, looping that same test is when the gremlins start to come out.

Lastly, it could be because you drive a Dodge and your PC just hates you.  xD

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

At this point, something isn't stable or it wouldn't be happening.  If the actual problem was your "cracked" games, you'd more than likely experience blue screens vice immediate shut downs.

Shut downs like your are experiencing usually occur from CPU related issues such as pushing CPU or CPU cache too hard.

More than likely your CPU isn't actually pushed very hard until you play those particular games, which goes back to stability.

You can pass a synthetic test and pass without actually being stable.  Often times, looping that same test is when the gremlins start to come out.

Lastly, it could be because you drive a Dodge and your PC just hates you.  xD

Would it help If i disabled 4 Cores so that my cpu would have 1 fpu per core?

Just now, MiketheGingerGuy said:

Would it help If i disabled 4 Cores so that my cpu would have 1 fpu per core?

I'm not proficient enough in AMD CPUs to give you any recommendations on how to specifically attack the issue, but I think you need to start by identifying it.  I personally believe that you need to run some stability tests like RealBench 2.43, which load your CPU and GPU at the same time.  You could also run OCCT to focus on your CPU.

38 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I'm not proficient enough in AMD CPUs to give you any recommendations on how to specifically attack the issue, but I think you need to start by identifying it.  I personally believe that you need to run some stability tests like RealBench 2.43, which load your CPU and GPU at the same time.  You could also run OCCT to focus on your CPU.

Apparently my system isnt stable, i was running realbench and got a gimp score of 74381 but when it came to encoding my system would do what it does in fallout 4

9 minutes ago, MiketheGingerGuy said:

Apparently my system isnt stable, i was running realbench and got a gimp score of 74381 but when it came to encoding my system would do what it does in fallout 4

So now you need to narrow it down to the CPU or GPU.  You can do this by running OCCT from here.

Run run the CPU:OCCT test and leave it set to large data set.  If it crashes/shuts down you can narrow your search to an issue related to CPU stability.  Once you know that, you can begin troubleshooting that specific issue.